· Collecting and collating all security development for quick reference and further distribution.
· Providing inputs for the preparation of WFP Security SOPs, SRM, eSRA, WFP Emergency Plans for CO.
· Ensuring the implementation of security recommendations related to SOPs, SRM, Emergency Plan and MOSS requirements.
· Working to ensure that safety and security is a core component of all WFP programmes and operations
· Ensuring compliance with MOSS requirements
· Supporting field missions
· Conducting/coordinating road and security risk assessments based on actual needs in WFP areas of operations.
· Conducting periodic (or on an ad-hoc basis) office security surveys
· Assisting the Head of Security on follow up of the implementation of all security measures to be implemented
· Establishing and maintaining contacts with UNDSS, other UN Agencies, NGOs and national security agencies
· Following up the security situation in the country on daily basis and provide inputs to Head of Security Unit
· Feeding the Head of Security with analysis and identification of potential issues related to security operations.
· Conducting regular field visits to A/SOs and FDPs to ensure coordination between Security and WFP Operations is maintained.
· Briefing for new arrival when required
· Following up the new staff to attend SSAFE training within 30 days from their arrival
· Managing and maintaining updated WFP warden systems for both International and National staff
· Following up all field mission/movements comply with security advisories and MOSS
· Ensuring that fire safety equipment (fire extinguishers, smoke detectors etc.) is taken care of, installed and functioning in all WFP premises
· Monitoring, assisting and advising staff to be compliant with security clearance procedures
· Preparing MSCRs and LP MSCRs
· Following up and monitoring WFP staff compliance with security mandatory requirements
· Maintaining a training list of all staff and one specific for security staff
· Reporting incidents by fastest means of communication to the Head of Security
· Following up on International zone badge issuence and reasons of denied SM of ID
· Following up on getting BERF for entering BIAP
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable is desirable.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic Langauage.
Professional Experience: At least 5 years of work experience in Military, Police, Private Security and/or UN/Humanitarian/NGO security sector
1.To view the job description and apply to this vacancy please go to:
Click on “Apply”
Click on Create an account (if not created already)
Create your online CV