Job Vacancy: Senior Admin and Liaison Officer /Baghdad
Job Title: Senior Admin and Liaison Officer
Department: HRAM Department
Responsible to: IHRAM Manager
Location: MAG Iraq, Baghdad Office
MAG is a humanitarian organisation clearing the remnants of conflict for the benefit of communities worldwide. MAG is co-laureate of the 1997 Nobel Peace Prize and has been operating in Iraq since 1992 and is operational in five governorates. MAG’s extensive experience and longevity in Iraq and deliver diverse programmes across emergency and development response projects, including support, training and collaboration with national NGOs.
Overall purpose of the job:
Managing day-to-day running of Admin and support services in Baghdad and other MAG bases in Central and Southern Iraq; translate and/ or prepare documents and correspondence from English to Arabic and from Arabic to English for submission to relevant government offices as directed by the Country Office; liaise with government and other entities representing MAG Iraq; facilitate international and national staff travel in Baghdad and Central and Southern Iraq including securing visa and residence permits; and facilitates MAG’s registration with relevant government entities for all statutory purposes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represents MAG Iraq in liaising and ensuring smooth working relationship with Government entities (mainly with Directorate of NGOs, Directorate of Mine Action, General Commission for Taxes, Department of Social Security and the JCMC in Baghdad and where applicable in other MAG bases in Central and Southern Iraq
- Requests and secures registration certificates/ authorization letters from relevant government offices for MAG’S activities in Iraq
- Requests and secures visas and residence permits for MAG Iraq’s international staff and visitors
- Prepares MAG official letters in Arabic as directed by the Country Office and submits to relevant government offices in Baghdad and other MAG bases in Central and Southern Iraq and receives and submits responses to the Country office
- Follows up on government / authorities’ letters and archives them for further action
- Oversees flight bookings, hotel bookings and travel arrangements for MAG staff and visitors to Baghdad
- Compiles and provides orientation packs for all new staff/ visitors upon arrival in Baghdad and /or documentation
- Oversees the overall maintenance of the office premises, facilities assets and equipment (physical work environment) and ensures that these are secure and efficiently utilized
- Ensures provision of high quality logistical support to guests, visitors including partner organisations involved in MAG’s activities in Baghdad and Central and Southern Iraq
- Manages the attendance and performance of support function staff in Baghdad
- Takes responsibility of due care in the storage, security and use of all MAG project equipment
- Pledges to return these in good working condition either on request or at the end of the period of use
- Translates documents from English to Arabic and vice versa as required by Management and the government offices in Baghdad
- Provides oral translation support to MAG’s international staff and visitors if and when required in Baghdad and other MAG bases in Central and Southern Iraq
- Provides administrative support in facilitating MAG’s staff and visitors’ travel within Iraq as directed by the Country Office
- Ensures appropriate documentation is filed and shared with the Country Office on all correspondence made with government and other entities in Baghdad and other MAG bases in Central and Southern Iraq
- Arranges transportation to and from the airport as well as accommodation for MAG Iraq staff and visitors when they travel to Baghdad
- Briefs all international staff and visitors on safety and security matters immediately upon arrival in Baghdad
- Helps on the recruitment of support function staff as required by the Country Office HR
- Coordinates with the Regional Safety and Security Advisor to ensure staff in Baghdad and other MAG bases in Central and Southern Iraq are briefed/ trained/ inducted on all safety and security policies and procedures both before and after joining MAG
- Ensures compliance with MAG’s Safeguarding frame work, policies and procedures on personnel conduct, safety and security, anti-fraud and bribery policy, Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults Policy, Dignity at Work Policy, Reporting Malpractice (Whistleblowing) Policy, Equal Opportunities Policy and modern slavery statement
- Frequently travel to field offices in Central and Southern Iraq to provide administrative support to managers and staff as required
- Prepares and facilitates the relevant documents and correspondence to facilitate the road movement of MAG staff within Central and Southern Iraq including escorting them in check points whenever necessary
- Oversee and enforce mechanisms, protocols and practices that are in place to ensure that staff and MAG’s partners are aware of and adhere to MAG’s policies and Iraq’s statutory and security requirements
- Work closely with the Country HR & Admin Manager and other relevant managers to manage and coordinate disciplinary and grievance issues in Baghdad and other MAG bases in Central and Southern Iraq
- Oversee travel and administrative services are organized and managed in time
- Ensures HR/ Administration staff in Baghdad and other bases in Central and Southern Iraq are effectively managing MAG’s offices and guest houses
- Periodically reviews and updates all Baghdad based MAG staff contracts and lease agreements
PERSON SELECTION CRITERIA
- Minimum a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Administration, Law or any related field.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Very good understanding of local government relevant rules and policies.
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English and Arabic is required, Kurdish is a plus.
- Good computer skills in Ms Word, Excel, PowerPoint...etc.
- At least 5 years’ work experience in a related field.
Application procedure for the position
All candidates interested in applying for this position should send their updated CV, in English, to this email Jobs.IQ@maginternational.org. The candidates who do not meet the selection criteria will not be considered.
All the Applicants must mention the job title (Senior Admin and Liaison Officer/Baghdad) in the subject line of their email. The applications with no job title in the subject line would automatically be rejected.
MAG is an equal opportunities employer; women are highly encouraged to apply.
Closing date for applications is 18th December 2018. Late applications will not be accepted