The Senior Engineer's responsibility is to make assessments, evaluate the structural integrity of damaged structures, prepare the necessary Bill of Quantities (BOQs) to rehabilitate the light damage, fully burnt, partially and fully destroyed homes, and oversee the quality control of the repair work undertaken by the beneficiary household. He is ultimately responsible for ensuring that the beneficiaries carry out the work based on the assessment conducted and confirms the refund amount that the household can get for the work completed based on the set standards.
The Senior Engineer shall ensure the implementation of the legislative construction standards and practices in each rehabilitation site, and be accountable for development and production of engineering drawings, designs, calculations, specification and reports.
Performing all other tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of Samaritan’s Purse with a generous and serving spirit, always maintaining Christian witness to the communities.
- Prepare specifications, schedules, drawings, developed BOQ and any other contract documents.
- Attend team, project meetings to discuss progress, deadlines, design issues.
- Responsible for development and production of drawings, calculations, specification, reports.
- Check & review all drawings and calculations.
- Understand and communicate engineering design fundamentals.
- Be familiar with architects, service engineers, drawings, specification.
- Follow up work on each site making sure the head of household is on track.
- Produce drawing list, calculation index, specification list, and information required schedule.
- Oversee multiple construction sites and staff in multiple regions.
- Conducting assessments calculating how much each house repair will be, based on systematic standards.
- Make sure building standards and practices are upheld by the owners.
- Ensure that the beneficiaries carried out the work based on the assessment conducted and confirm the amount that the household can get for the work conducted based on the set standards.
- Assure quality and control for design and construction, meaning it’s necessary to be on site often for critical stages such as foundation, column preparation, ring beams and concrete pours.
- Communicate to the Program Coorindator any problems concerning quality and control, and work implementation.
- Consult with local government and church Engineer when necessary.
- Assess and evaluate problematic structures.
- If SP chooses to use contractors, he is responsible for quality control, implementation of appropriate construction standards and practices in different field sites.
- Ensure health and safety on construction sites.
- Maintain files on all households with whom SP is working, and expected timelines for completion of each household project.
- Work with team to compile appropriate documentation for assessments before and after work is completed on each home, including photographs, BOQs, assessments, etc.
- Fill out weekly progress reports
- Develop relationships with church leaders, beneficiaries and community.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Program Coorindator.
Complete other activities as directed by the Line Manager and performing all other tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of Samaritan’s Purse with a generous and serving spirit.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be willing to abide by Samaritan’s Purse’s code of conduct and understand the principals of Samaritan’s Purse’s statement of faith, as well as be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Have practical, local, field experience in construction.
- Flexible and adaptable according to the needs of the project.
- Culturally sensitive and aware of differences.
- Respect church leaders from all denominations.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills .
- Be able to lift about 50kgs and know how to load a truck safely.
- Attention to detail, anticipation and follow up are core values of the job function while maintaining the highest levels of confidentiality regarding contracts and salaries.
- Possesses strong organizational and problem solving skills within a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a self-starter and internally driven to success and hard work.
- Possesses strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be a humble team player.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, taking on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Knowledge of computer systems and its applications such as Outlook, Word, and Excel including formulas/formatting.
- He/she must have analytical and report writing skills.
- High level of integrity and stewardship.
- Communicate clearly to others both written and orally.
- Committed to the SP values and ethics.
Education / Experience Needed
- Must have a National Diploma in Building Construction or Civil Engineering.
- Must have a practical on site experience (4 years minimum).
- Advanced user of AutoCAD 2D & 3D.
-Arabic and English is required.
- Kurdish is preferred.
Send your CV/Resume to the following email:
- The subject of the email should be Senior Engineer - Sinjar
- Please make sure to follow the subject so that your CV will be reviewed.
- CVs must be in English language