About SEED Foundation: SEED Foundation is a locally-registered NGO in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KRI). SEED’s mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED is committed to delivering quality and holistic approaches, combining international expertise and local know-how to achieve results for the people of Iraq and Kurdistan. SEED’s programming focuses on four key objectives: 1) the delivery of transformational, comprehensive MHPSS services including case management, mental health, and legal services, as well as psychosocial support activities; 2) strengthening the capacity of service providers through education, training, and capacity-building programs; 3) promoting policy and social change to strengthen the rights of, and protections for, vulnerable groups and individuals; and, 4) supporting the protection and recovery of survivors of trafficking in persons (TIP) including through SEED’s shelter for victims of trafficking and those at risk, aftercare services, and prevention work to reduce the risk of trafficking through public awareness, technical assistance, and advocacy for legal, regulatory, policy, process, and institutional changes.
Role of the Senior HR Officer: The Senior HR Officer will have overall responsibility for HR functions. The Senior HR Officer will handle front-line employee inquiries and will work in close coordination with the HR Manager and lead in close coordination with the HR manager in implementation for HR functions.
HR Policies :
- Draft, update, and implement the HR policies in compliance with our internal requirements and donor requirements.
- Advice line managers and employees on policies and procedures.
Recruitment and selection:
- Manage headhunting, recruitment, and selection process for all international positions as per procedures in place.
- Prepare, organize and implement orientation for new employees, working with management and program staff; disseminate onboarding packages, and explain SEED’s organizational policies
- Prepare exit interviews and procedures, and make sure all paperwork and final payments for departing employees
- Implement a performance appraisal system.
- Sharing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees
Training and Development:
- Manage a training and development system for all employees
- Overseeing the training of individuals or groups of employees
- Compiling and presenting information to supervisors
- Implementing, tracking, advising on and monitoring appraisal training section
- Ensuring employees receive statutory training
Compensation and Benefits:
- Manage salary negotiation, contracts, working conditions or redundancy packages for international staff.
- Manage International staff payroll on a monthly basis.
- Continually update the existing compensation and benefits guidance.
Record keeping and other responsibilities:
- Maintain employee files (soft and hard copies)
- Update HR databases
- Maintain human resource records by recording new hires, transfers, terminations, changes in job classifications
- Administer medical insurance, and disability programs by advising employees of eligibility; providing application information; helping with form completion; verifying submission; notifying employees of approvals
- Coordinate HR meetings, seminars, and required training
- Nurture a positive working environment.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or any other related degree.
- At least three years’ experience in a Senior HR Officer role.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to gain trust and build relationships.
- Good diplomatic and persuasion skills.
- Strong ability to work independently.
- High standard of spoken and written English and Arabic or Kurdish.
- Good computer skills.
Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments.
- Send one PDF with your cover letter, CV, and contact information for 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org using “Senior HR Officer” as the subject of your e-mail.
- Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Only complete applications will be reviewed. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.