KAPITA is a private sector development company that aims to empower small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) through investment, research, incubation/acceleration, and market development programs.
In order to upgrade the Iraqi ecosystem, KAPITA is working on new startups development, helping established Iraqi startups and small businesses to scale their (market, production, and evaluation), as well as personal development for entrepreneurs. KAPITA is taking the next logical step, by starting the first incubator and accelerator in Baghdad that hosts the most promising startups, providing them with seed funds, infrastructure and business services, financing and public relations. We will support the community by enhancing the entrepreneurial movement, building youth capacity, and feeding the private sector with human resources and knowledge-based, well-planned successful businesses.
We aim to be the institute that forms the core engine in developing the private sector in Iraq, we believe that to accelerate the growth of ecosystems and Entrepreneurs, there must be a core engine that grows fast in order to cause overall growth and development to take Iraqi startups and small businesses to the next level.
Project Title: Orange Corners - Baghdad
Orange Corners Baghdad supports Iraqi youth in bringing their entrepreneurial ideas to life. Through an incubation program, we support young male and female Iraqi entrepreneurs with training, business development, and master classes. We seek to provide a supportive environment in which your business can thrive.
Orange Corners Baghdad is an initiative of the Netherlands Embassy in Baghdad and is implemented by the business company KAPITA. The economic priorities of the Netherlands in Iraq are agriculture, water and entrepreneurship. KAPITA supports the community of young entrepreneurs in Baghdad by building youth capacity, and developing successful businesses.
The Senior Marketing Officer is responsible for implementing and managing various digital marketing strategies to enhance brand awareness, engage the target audience, and drive online traffic and conversions. This role involves overseeing social media management, creative campaign development, website management, and graphic design tasks to ensure a cohesive and effective online presence for the organization.
Social Media Management:
- Develop and execute social media strategies across various platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.).
- Create and curate engaging and relevant content to attract and retain a target audience.
- Monitor social media trends, track performance metrics, and adjust strategies accordingly.
- Respond to comments, messages, and inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Foster community engagement and manage online reputation.
- Conceptualize, plan, and execute innovative digital campaigns to promote products, services, or initiatives.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to define campaign objectives, target audience, and key messaging.
- Create compelling and visually appealing campaign assets, including graphics, videos, infographics, and more.
- Monitor and analyze campaign performance, adjusting strategies to optimize results.
- Ensure accuracy, relevance, and optimal user experience by consistently updating and maintaining the project's website content
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement website changes, additions, and improvements.
- Conduct regular website audits to identify and rectify issues related to SEO, user interface, and functionality.
- Monitor website analytics and user behaviour to make informed recommendations for enhancing online presence.
The Senior Marketing Officer reports to the Marketing Manager or Director and collaborates closely with the marketing, design, and content teams. This role may also involve coordination with external agencies, vendors, and partners for specific campaigns or projects.
Undertaking any other tasks, within the framework of his/her position, as requested by his/her supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Proven experience in digital marketing, social media management, campaign development, website maintenance, and design or similar role.
- Strong understanding of social media platforms, digital marketing trends, and SEO principles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to interpret data and make data-driven decisions.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, and content management systems is a plus.
To apply for the “Senior Marketing Officer” position please click the link:
Submission Deadline: 23th Nov 2023 5:00 PM (Baghdad Time)
"Shortlisted candidates will be officially required to complete a test either before or after the interview."
- Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we will only contact short-listed candidates for further screening.
- Female Candidates are encouraged to apply for this role. Kapita is an equal opportunity employer, and we actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.