Under the general guidance of Chief of Mission (CoM), overall supervision of MHPSS Programme Coordinator and the direct supervision of MHPSS National Officer in close coordination with the CSU Area Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the MHPSS programme activities by performing the following functions and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Technical support, coordination and supervision of psychosocial teams in Erbil and Ninewa governorate, ensuring timely and effective execution of project’s activities and operational plans, as well as efficient, transparent and accountable use of allocated funding.
- Deliver online and in person training modules on key MHPSS topics (counselling, Psychological First Aid and other topics as per the teams’ needs.
- Promote partnership, capacity building and strengthening of civil societies organizations, including local NGOs, women’s and youth associations, providing training, coaching and networking.
- Carry on needs assessments, support researches, identify strategies to promote psychosocial support at governorate level, design operational plans to enhance access to psychosocial services and peacebuilding opportunities.
- Assist the MHPSS programme coordinator and officers in the overall management of the program in the governorate, including administrative, coordination, and project development functions.
- Support the maintenance of project documentation and information, including the preparation of Arabic and English translations of technical documents.
- Ensure that confidentiality and the right to privacy is maintained with regard to confidential project and beneficiary information.
- In accordance with structured reporting requirements and informal reporting needs, prepare clear and concise reports of all activities undertaken.
- Ensure that hardcopy and electronic information systems are maintained, particularly the important notes of all key monitoring, implementation and coordination activities.
- Provide training sessions to IOM staff, psychosocial and social cohesion field teams, community focal points and partner organizations staff.
- Organize training modules; both in person and online
- Liaison with national and regional professionals and academics.
- Participate in the continuous monitoring and evaluation of the program and in the logistical elaboration of the programmatic phases of intervention.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the MHPSS programme coordinator and CSU area coordinator.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Medicine, Educational Psychology or other relevant social sciences from an accredited university or institute.
Experience and skills:
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working in the humanitarian or development sector, of which at least 2 year involves mental health, psychosocial support, social cohesion and capacity building programs.
- Experience in capacity building for local NGOs or social programmes is a strong advantage.
- Experience in communicating and working with a wide range of people including people of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent command of English, Kurdish and Arabic is required.
- Work prioritization and ability to multitask.
- Shares knowledge and experience.
- Positive, constructive attitude.
- Ability to work and act under pressure with discretion in politically sensitive environment with a minimum of comfort.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
- Ready to work independently, under tight deadlines.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment with a positive attitude.
- Highest standards of integrity, discretion and loyalty.
- Strives for supportive working environment and positive working relationship.
- Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment, retaliation, and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.