About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future.
Program / Department Summary
Mercy Corps is implementing the “Better future through Reconciliation and conflict Prevention in Anbar”. The programs aim to reduce and prevent violence through conflict management and prevention mechanisms in Ninawa. Efforts to advance social cohesion and tolerance between different sectors of society are crucial to promoting an inclusive and sustainable peace for all Iraqi people. Mercy Corps’ community driven approach to conflict management and prevention will strength the ability of province and community leaders to manage and prevent conflicts, promote reconciliation and trust between communities, and amplify the role of women and youth in decision-making.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Conflict Management Senior Program Officer will work under supervision of Deputy Program Manager to implement the daily activities of Social Cohesion and Conflict Management Program in Anbar to enhance social cohesion in the targeted communities through working closely with Program Officer and our local partner IQCM to support Local Peace Committees and with other partners LNGOs.
He/she will supervise 1 Program Officer who will be based in Haditha to support him in completing the program activities.
He/she will maintain a strong network with various stakeholders in the governorate, frequent travel from Ramadi to other districts and occasional travel to the other parts of the country will be required.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Implement and organize program activities in Anbar according to the work plan.
- Regular site visit to the program implementing areas to follow program activities implementation.
- Work together with local government and local partners (Iraqi Center for Conflict Management IQCM and other partner LNOs) to facilitate and coordinate the program activities implementations.
- Supervise 1 program officer to support them in achieving the program activities.
- Work closely with program officer and IQCM on recruitment of program participants in compliance with the approved selection criteria.
- Submit monthly and weekly activities progress report for program implementation to the Deputy Program Officer.
- Work closely with Deputy Program Manager to write donor report.
- Support in the documentation process for program activities.
- Prepare additional reports/presentations/statistics as needed.
- Attend project related meetings and trainings.
- Abide by all security protocols.
- Disseminate and document success stories of program
- Conduct him/herself professionally and in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and not to jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of work experience with an INGO / local NGO in CM field.
- Prior skills in conducting training is a plus
- Demonstrated success working effectively and respectfully with multiple stakeholders including the private sector, local authorities and partners in complex environments.
- Successful and proven negotiation, communication and organization skills
- Computer skills – Word and Excel desired
- Language skills – Arabic, English desired
- Ability to work and interact with a diverse staff from different ethnicities and backgrounds
- Ability to conduct oneself with sensitivity and respect toward others
Accountable to Position Description, MC HR Manual, and Code of Conduct Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES:
Successful candidates should meet the education and experience requirements in the position descriptions for the vacant positions and should have a strong and demonstrated knowledge of safety and security management, good written and spoken English, computer Skills and local languages.
S/he must be self- motivated, creative, tolerant, and able to work in difficult, stressful environments and follow procedures. S/he must respect diversity and gender equality at the workplace.
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability and transparency to its beneficiaries and to International standards guiding relief and development work.
Interested candidates should submit their CVs, references and application letter to the email address:
firstname.lastname@example.org Any Resume will be sent without mentioning the job applied for in the subject line will not be considered. Submission should include a copy of Iraqi national ID card and education certificates.
For full position description for the noted posts please visit websites NCCI.
ALL APPLICATIONS/ CVs SHOULD BE RECEIVED BY June 26th , 2019 at 16:00.
Mercy Corps will review CV’s and applications on a rolling basis (i.e., as applications are submitted). Potential Candidates for the post will be contacted for an interview and processed according to Mercy Corps Human Resources policies and procedures. As soon as qualified candidates are identified the positions will be closed automatically.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for potential interview. Any documents submitted will remain with Mercy Corps and will not be returned to candidates.
Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer. Females are highly encouraged to apply.