Under the general guidance of the Chief of Mission, overall supervision of Head, Preparedness and Response Unit, and the direct supervision of Programme Coordinator (Shelter and Settlements) the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- In coordination with the Programme Coordinator (Shelter and Settlements), and the Head, Preparedness and Response Unit, lead the development, planning and execution of all phases of the shelter projects from initial planning and design to implementation and follow up, in all of Iraq.
- In coordination with the Programme Coordinator (Shelter and Settlements), build the capacity of the field staff in all of Iraq to improve quality of project implementation, delegate authority of decision making to field level in coordination with the main office.
- In coordination with the focal points, monitor and supervise mobilization of community members as required to deliver program objectives.
- Analyse the assessments reports for selection of project beneficiaries, reviewing the Bill of Quantities (BoQs), while identifying key areas of response and appropriateness of the selections.
- In coordination with the Programme Coordinator (Shelter and Settlements) implement shelter activities using a variety of modalities including cash based, voucher based and other methods of intervention.
- Actively engage Rapid Assessment and Response Team and Return/Recovery Unit as well as other units in the mission to explore opportunities to shelter and settlement activities.
- In coordination with the Project Development and Monitoring and Evaluation units and the IM officers, establish and implement monitoring and evaluation systems which enable the production of real time reports on the effectiveness and efficiency of projects.
- In conjunction with the Programme Coordinator (Shelter and Settlements), draft donor reports and other information materials by compiling inputs from the field technical teams. Provide support in drafting response strategy.
- Monitor construction carried out according to the BoQs and specifications provided, making recommendations on the improvement of works and review Post Distribution Monitoring and develop material for success stories for Public Information.
- Closely work with Programme Coordinator (Shelter and Settlements) to ensure that appropriate authorization for land and government as well as the management of local authorities in a timely manner.
- Represent IOM in relevant cluster meetings; Shelter Cluster, Shelter TWG, Sectorial Coordination meetings, acting as a strategic advisor when required.
- Conduct trainings for IOM field teams on IOM rules and regulations, finance and procurement procedures, logistics and data protection and all humanitarian principles as well as the sphere standards.
- To mentor and develop the capacity of the Shelter team by performing trainings to improve the output of the team, improving process flow through development of tools and SOPs, reference documents, lessons learnt workshops and ensure strict adherence of all shelter staff to the IOM principles of integrity and transparency as well as increasing the supervision and monitoring of activities thorough developed tools.
- Review final BoQs prepared by field staff for completed works, ensuring material reconciliation, prior to issuance of certification or payment to contractor and review all program claims in all of Iraq.
- Work with Program coordinator on the preparation of weekly reports and accomplishments, summarizing field activities and accomplishments.
- Conduct frequent field trips as necessary to implementation locations.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Master’s degree in Humanitarian Assistance, Social Sciences, Architecture, Engineering, Urban Planning or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
Experiences & Skills
- Experience in programme management, preferably in Shelter/Cash based interventions, coordination in conflict and/or other displacement situations;
- Experience liaising and working with government, local communities, UN and NGO partners;
- Experience in conflict/emergency zones and in working in a high-risk environment;
- Experience in project formulation and implementation at national and international levels;
- Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, and with other national and international institutions;
- Familiarity with the region is an asset.
- English: Fluent written and spoken (Required)
- Arabic: Fluent written spoken (Advantageous)
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via a link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.