You will manage, coordinate, and monitor project activities and relationships with partners and other project stakeholders to assist the achievement of the Shelter and WASH project objectives advancing Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. Your project management skills and knowledge of the program area will ensure that the CP delivers high-quality programming and continuously works towards improving the impact of this project.
- You will lead technical, budget management, monitoring and reporting activities through most of the project cycle - start-up, implementation and close-out - in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, contribute to the recruitment process of project staff, and complete performance management for direct reports. Provide indirect talent management support to Caritas Iraq and other local partners.
- Ensure learning properly accompanies project activities throughout the project cycle. Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities following MEAL Policy. Proactively identify issues, report them to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules.
- Engage and strengthen partnerships relevant to Shelter and WASH activities, applying appropriate application of partnership concepts, tools and approaches.
- Represent the organization with donors, INGO working groups, UN, relevant local partners and relevant local government and community actors for Shelter and WASH.
- Coordinate activities required for ensuring the financial, material and human resources for the quality implementation of the project. Conduct periodic budget reviews and follow-up with partners on timely submission of financial reports to facilitate proper tracking of resource use.
- Coordinate & share information about projects activities with other teams and departments within CRS to ensure smooth and effective implementation, efficiencies and harmony in Kirkuk office.
- Identify staff capacity needs and technical assistance needs of Caritas Iraq and other partner organizations and contribute to capacity strengthening and required interventions to support quality project implementation.
Assist with preparation of trends analysis reports and disseminate results. Review project documentation to ensure project file is complete with all required documentation and is filed per agency and donor requirements
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering required. Master’s Degree in International Relations or in a specialized field of engineering or architecture would be a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in project management, ideally in the field of Shelter and/or WASH and for an NGO.
- Additional experience may substitute for some education.
Required/Desired Foreign Language
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic is required, including technical writing capabilities in both languages. Proficiency in other languages spoken in Iraq a plus (Kurdish, Assyrian, Turkmen).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Strong relationship management & communication skills to manage internal and external relationships, and the ability to work effectively with local stakeholders.
- Ability to undertake external representation with project stakeholders and the broader humanitarian community such as the SNFI and WASH Clusters.
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Relevant grant management experience, especially for USG or other public donors, a plus.
- Team management experience required, experience of remote management, a plus.
- Experience working with stakeholders at various levels and strengthening community partnerships. Experience implementing with local partners is a plus.
- Ability to contribute to project design and development processes.
- Experience analyzing data and contributing to reports, including donor narrative reports
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). AutoCAD proficiency required.
Travel Required (include percentage of required travel, if applicable)
- Frequent travel (estimated 2 trips per week) to project sites in Kirkuk, including Hawija is required. Travel to Erbil required approximately 1 day per week. Occasional travel to other CRS offices across Iraq.
Key Working Relationships:
Supervisory: Shelter/WASH Project Officers, Field Officers and Project Assistants.
Internal: Head of Programs, Deputy Head of Programs, Department Managers, Program Managers, Head of Office, Global Technical Advisors (Shelter, WASH, Humanitarian Response Department).
External: Caritas Iraq staff. Peer staff from other humanitarian agencies. Cluster coordinators. Local authorities in project sites. Government officials from relevant ministries and departments.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
By applying to this job, I understand andacknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity andrespect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and humantrafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, Iwill be subject to a comprehensive background check, and mypersonal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors relatedto the above safeguarding-related topics.
please submit your C.V in word or PFD via link below:-