As a member of the Shelter and WASH project team, you will monitor and report on all project activities in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. Your thorough and service-oriented approach will ensure that the project consistently applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve.
- Support the coordination and implementation of all assigned project activities with a focus on MEAL activities, in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Train, manage, and lead Project Assistants, Field Assistants, and Field Workers to achieve project objectives. Support the recruitment of Field Workers.
- Lead data management for the project team. Perform data entry and data verification (update MEAL tools, complete IPTT), undertake data analysis and participate in data interpretation. Contribute to MEAL binder development and management, periodic Data Quality Reviews, and other activities, as assigned.
- Support accountability and feedback mechanisms through managing responses to feedback as per CRS standards. Where relevant assist partners in their efforts to collect and analyze project data per specified mechanisms and tools. Collaborate with local partner(s) to prepare reports per established reporting schedule.
- Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules. Assist partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences.
- Collect information on staff capacity needs and technical assistance needs of partner organizations. Report identified needs to SWASH Project Manager; develop and deliver appropriate training for appropriate stakeholders and monitor capacity building and technical support activities to ensure effective impact.
- Complete project documentation for assigned activities. Assist with identifying information for case studies and reports on promising practices.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in project support. Experience in the field of Shelter and/or WASH and/or MEAL and for an NGO would be a plus.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting and managing relevant complex data.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required. Familiarity with data visualization tools preferred.
- Additional education may substitute for some experience.
- Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to collaborate and work closely with local partners, community members, local authorities, vendors, and contractors.
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities.
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented.
Required/Desired Foreign Language
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English is required, including technical writing ability in both languages.
- Up to 50% travel required to CRS office and field locations.
Key Working Relationships:
Supervisory: Project Assistants, Field Assistants, and Field Workers.
Internal: Project Officers, Project Manager, Program Manager, Heads of Office, MEAL technical support unit, Head of Programs, Deputy Head of Programs
External: Beneficiaries and community members, and other stakeholders as needed (including INGOs/LNGOs, UN agencies, and donors). Caritas Iraq and other local partner staff.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Trusting Relationships
- Professional Growth
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested candidates can apply via the below link: