Human Relief Foundation requires the services of a qualified civil engineer to lead assessments of unfinished buildings in Kirkuk governorate. This position will require the post holder to have a good understanding of BoQs, technical assessments, local prices and businesses.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Designing and leading technical assessments of potential shelters to be rehabilitated, and making recommendations to the Project Manager.
- Creating BoQs tailored to the findings of the technical assessments.
- Assisting the procurement team in securing required materials at a fair price and of a good quality.
- Assisting the project team with the rehabilitation of shelters, providing support and direction.
- Monitoring progress of rehabilitation works.
- University degree in a relevant field (Civil Engineering, Architecture).
- At least 2 years work experience in a related capacity.
- Fluency in Arabic (English desirable)
- Solid understanding of and experience with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel.
- Right to live and work in Iraq (local applicants are encouraged to apply).
Please send the following in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
● Covering Letter.
● Details of 2 references.
Please put ‘Site Engineer’ in the email subject line. Note that due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with a view to filling the position as soon as possible.