Title: Social Empowerment Trainer
Contract: Regular Full Time Employee
Location: Shekhan, Duhok - Kurdistan Region, Iraq
Reports to: Social Empowerment Manager
Line Manages: N/A
Social Empowerment Trainers are responsible for the implementation of the 12-month Social Empowerment training curriculum. Each Social Empowerment Trainer will manage a caseload of program participants according to organizational standards. In addition, the Social Empowerment Trainer is responsible for informing participants about services in the community that may benefit them and reporting on the progress of the participants as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and prepare for each lesson.
- Meet with colleagues to share techniques, strategies, success stories, challenging cases, supplemental materials, etc.
- Plan weekly, monthly and annual training schedules in collaboration with other staff and trainers from other departments, as appropriate.
- Participate in continuing education workshops as required to increase professional knowledge and capacity.
- Identify and source additional training aids and materials as appropriate.
- Orient new participants about program rules and goals.
- Deliver all lessons from the WfWI Social Empowerment s curriculum according to an established schedule and provide feedback.
- Provide input/feedback to monthly country office reports, donor reports, and other reports as needed
- Provide information to participants about other services provided by the organization such as vocational training, business skills training or numeracy training.
- Provide information to participants about services of partner organizations or other community services such as microcredit, legal aid, health care, counseling, etc.
- Provide translation and interpretation services, as required.
- Assist in the delivery of training stipend, as required, by following the internal procedures established by the organization to verify delivery of funds and account for undelivered funds.
- Work in collaboration with Trainers and other staff to document and report any change in program participant status (i.e., address change, name change, death, etc.)
- In collaboration with other Trainers identify available services and coordinating referrals based on the wishes and consent of the client.
- Work in collaboration with Trainers and replace other trainers in case of their absence.
- Keep management updated on problems or issues encountered in the field.
- Assist in community outreach activities during enrollment.
- Assist in any field research or evaluation of SE activities.
- Assist in community mobilization of participants in your assigned locations.
- Participate in data collection, needs assessments and community mapping and social mobilization.
- Provide support for another department, if needed.
- Willing to travel to other part of governorates.
- Record attendance of participants at each training session and keep the training attendance records updated in standardized format.
- Contact participants who do not attend sessions to determine whether they should be dismissed from the program.
- Recommend women for dismissal from the program according to organizational guidelines.
- Gather information for and prepare updates on participants as needed.
- Record information about training sessions in trainer journal – including session topics, reactions to material, challenges and other relevant issues.
- Collect data for stories about participants as required.
- Undertake written evaluation of each training session upon completion of training.
- Record the numbers of letters participants have written and received from sponsors.
Letter Writing and Participant Stories:
- Participate in translating letters for WfWI’s participants Sponsorship.
- Assist participants with letter writing.
- Make notes of interesting stories.
Other Duties as assigned by supervisor.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least a Diploma; additional post-secondary studies an advantage.
- At least two (2) years of relevant work experience.
- Good administrative and organizational skills.
- Good inter-personal skills and ability to work in a team.
- Good communication skills and ability to build rapport with communities and participants.
- Must be attuned to the particular situation and needs of the women in the program so as to give proper advice.
- Basic computer skills in MS Word, Excel and Email applications.
- Fluency in Kurdish and Arabic is required; English language skills an advantage.
All interested candidates must submit an updated CV, cover letter and three professional references. Send application to: email@example.com. Please put Social Empowerment Trainer - Shekhan - Duhok in the Subject line.
Application deadline: October 23 2019. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis; we are seeking to fill this position as quickly as possible.
Only short-listed applicants will be invited to interview. No telephone inquiries please.