About Green Desert
Green Desert is a humanitarian, nonprofit, nonpolitical, nongovernmental Iraqi organization assisting traumatized people and children in Iraq and Kurdistan region of Iraq.
Our main areas of specialties are mental health & psychosocial support (MHPSS) education, child protection and livelihood. Our assistances reach the IDPs, Refugees, Returnees, Remainees and the Host Communities, in Mosul, Kirkuk and Erbil provinces.
The Social Worker will be hired in the framework of the Project “EduCare I – Development of local gender education and therapeutic educational structures for the integration and reintegration of displaced children and adolescents in Iraq”
- Collaborating closely with the Team Leader and the Project Coordinator
- Conducting children’s need assessment in the areas of intervention.
- Promoting the project’s activities among families and local community in general.
- Planning and shaping activities of the CFS in close collaboration with the Team Leader and involving the Community Mobilizers under the supervision of the Team Leader and the project coordinator.
- Individuating most vulnerable cases, monitoring and following up with their situation.
- Shaping and modifying the activities delivered to support vulnerable cases in close collaboration with the Team Leader and involving the Community Mobilizers.
- Involving the families if and when needed for most vulnerable cases.
Reporting to: the Team Leader
- Collage degree Social Science, Sociology or Psychology (Must)
- Previous experience as a Social Worker (minimum 2 years)
- Iraqi or Syrian nationality.
- Speaking Kurdish ,Turkiman and Arabic languages .
- Good understanding of both the current Iraqi and Syrian crisis.
- Previous working experience with NGOs and good knowledge in humanitarian aid system and procedures. (minimum 1 year)
- Speaking English is a big asset.
Please send your CV to email@example.com . In the email mention (Social Worker-Kirkuk ) in the subject line .Please note that emails without proper subject line will be ignored.