Terms of Reference
Consultancy Title: Social Worker - Sinjar
Duty Station: Sinjar /Nineveh
Brief description of the organization
Al Mesalla for Human Resources Development is a non-governmental organization established in 2004 registered in Baghdad and Erbil with headquarters located in Erbil. The organization is working at disseminating a culture of human rights and peace building in Iraq and the Kurdistan Region. The organization is currently working along 3 programs: A non-violence and peace building program developing peace capacities within the community; a women and Gender program empowering women to take an active role in the community and a Human Rights Program which focuses especially on enhancing freedom of expression. Since June 2014, Al Mesalla developed services to the growing refugee and displaced community settling in the Kurdish Region of Iraq by participating to distributing emergency support and establishing empowerment and livelihoods programs for displaced women in particular.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
1. Social working
· Psychosocial support for GBV cases
· Submitting awareness lectures about GBV and reproductive health topics
· Managing GBV cases
· Reporting timely to the coordinators.
· Volunteer work when needed is a part of TOR.
2. space managing
· Planning and managing women space activities
· Coordinate with volunteers and other actors for conducting activities
· Weekly reporting and monthly plans of activities
· Ensure maximum visibility of the agency amongst the UN and NGO community in Erbil.
· Contribute to the positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of the organization’s Code of Conduct
- Advanced degree in Social Work, sociology
- At least experience of one years in social working
- English, Arabic and Kurdish language are required
- Experience in emergencies and conflict areas strongly preferred
- Relevant regional experience strongly preferred
- Familiarity with standards and guidelines for GBV programming and coordination
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations
- Team player and strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Proficient in computer applications, especially with MS Word and MS Excel, MS PowerPoint a plus.
- Experience in per education, live skills and civic
Al-Mesalla is an Equal Opportunity Employer Al-Mesalla considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Interested applicants must send their CV (PDF or Word) to:- firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject: Social Worker - Sinjar
NOTE:- Applications not meeting the specified minimum requirements or received after closing date will not be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Due to the urgency, Al -Mesala reserves the right to recruit any suitable candidates before the above-mentioned deadline