This is a temporary position to support a specific HRF project in Kirkuk. Reporting to the Programme Manager, the SOK Trainer will deliver training workshops to representatives from the beneficiary community. Responsibilities will include:
- Developing lesson materials for use when delivering SOK training to the beneficiary community, to be delivered in group sessions. Topics will include: the safe use of tools and equipment; good practice on the use of materials provided; guidance on construction options available to beneficiaries; risks and hazards.
- Leading group training sessions attended by the beneficiary community, covering information on the use of SOK equipment and safety practices.
- Supporting the distribution team and Programme Manager with distribution tasks where needed.
- Minimum 3 years experience leading training sessions, preferably for beneficiary communities in humanitarian programming.
- Experience designing educational materials on safety practices for adults, preferably with a focus on SOKs/construction.
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role on a humanitarian project.
- Fluency in both English and Arabic. Kurdish an advantage.
- Right to live and work in Iraq.
- Willing to start work immediately.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send the following in English to: email@example.com
- Covering Letter.
- Details of 2 references.
Please put ‘SOK Trainer Kirkuk’ in the email subject line. Note that due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.