About SEED Foundation: SEED Foundation is a locally-registered NGO in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KRI). SEED’s mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED is committed to delivering quality and holistic approaches, combining international expertise and local know-how to achieve results for the people of Iraq and Kurdistan. SEED’s programming focuses on four key objectives: 1) the delivery of transformational, comprehensive MHPSS services including case management, mental health, and legal services, as well as psychosocial support activities; 2) strengthening the capacity of service providers through education, training, and capacity-building programs; 3) promoting policy and social change to strengthen the rights of, and protections for, vulnerable groups and individuals; and, 4) supporting the protection and recovery of survivors of trafficking in persons (TIP) including through SEED’s shelter for victims of trafficking and those at risk, after care services, and prevention work to reduce the risk of trafficking through public awareness, technical assistance, and advocacy for legal, regulatory, policy, process, and institutional changes.
Role of the Interpreter/Translator
We are seeking to hire a qualified, experienced, and dynamic individual to provide written and oral interpretation and translation services in Sorani, English, and vice versa. Candidates will largely be focused on assisting SEED’s training programs. The successful candidate will have excellent command of all two languages. Written translations will be done in an office setting and oral translations will be done whenever needed across SEED’s office locations.
- Interpret and translate written and oral communications for formal letters, PR materials, social media posts, and other communications pieces
- Translate program documents (operational and technical), as assigned
- Provide documents in correct grammatical format as a well-expressed final version of the translated text, usually as a word-processed document
- Provide simultaneous and consecutive translation/interpretation support for training courses, meetings, and events.
- Proofread, edit, and revise translated materials
- Provide administrative (archiving, filing, printing, scanning etc.) support to the Program Officers, and others as assigned
- Excellent verbal and writing language abilities in English, and Sorani.
- At least three years relevant experience; international NGO or interpretation in a training/classroom setting, a plus.
- Experience working with simultaneous interpretation equipment.
- Knowledge of technical terms within the field of mental health and psychosocial support services (MHPSS) or humanitarian work, a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in English or another relevant area.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work to meet deadlines .
- Willingness to work under pressure.
- Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications through the SEED system HERE.
- In order for an application to be considered valid, SEED only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.