SWEDO is a Swedish non-profit, non-political, non-religious development aid organization that was founded in 1991 in Stockholm, Sweden. Having continuously operated in the Kurdistan Region ever since, SWEDO’s main priorities of work are construction and infrastructure activities, refugee and IDP initiatives, health, water, sanitation and hygiene, and capacity building.
Summary of Job
Sr. Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting officer will contribute to monitoring the quality and quantity of the provided services to the beneficiaries to insure that implementation is taking place according to the requirement of the donor in a timely manner, in line with the agreed budget allocations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Focal point for Monitoring and evaluation Department by making sure all reporting requirements are Submitted on time;
- Attending meeting/workshops with donor, also when required by the Project Manager;
- Conduction continuous monitoring, evaluation post project evaluation for SWEDO/UNFPA project and activities by field visits, meeting with stakeholders, interviews with beneficiaries, surveys and assessments.
- Assist the Project Manager in improving/ building the capacity of SWEDO staff and units based on the needs;
- Collect, analyze and synthesize data collected from the field in collaboration with the focal point of the Project and Suggest ways to facilitate data collection and the flow of data within Program field teams.
- Collect and analyze necessary information and data for tracking progress and reporting based on External (UNFPA) and internal requirements;
- Act as the focal point of Monitoring and evaluation department, by provide technical support to the staffs working under the project, Communicate with Donor, and submit final reports and any other reports required by the donor;
- Collection, analysis, and learning activities to help ensure accountability and efficiency from Start to finish for all project activity;
- Support Finance and HR team by conducting internal audit exercise to insure all payments and supporting documents are in compliance with Donor’s requirement;
- Develop, implement, and oversee the Compliance, Ethics, Risk Management, and Internal Audit programs and ensure these programs are designed to optimize their effectiveness in preventing or detecting noncompliance, unethical behavior, and/or criminal conduct.
- Respond to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and the Code of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures.
- Support project staff on ways to properly document, organize and capture program progress.
- Contribute to preparing monitoring reports (and plans in the future)
- Understand all aspects of each activity he/she monitors and identify areas of improvement & strengths
- Being fully aware of the mandate of SWEDO and funders regarding each activity.
- Preparing and providing the final reports to Donor, which includes any dedicated platform set by the donor
- Work third parties involved with limited capacity in the project, to enable smooth program implementation and adhere to reporting requirements.
- Support all M&E initiatives for assigned grant(s)/project(s) including monitoring data quality, tracking the progress of activities, and contributing to staff capacity building initiatives as necessary.
- Conducting training sessions to the SWEDO Project staff on the M&E aspects and information.
- Preparing TOR for external evaluations if so required and follow up the process as per need.
- Other related tasks to monitoring activities i.e. operational, administrational, etc.
- Bachelor Degree in Project Management, Social Science Studies, Business and Management or Information Management.
- At least 4 to 6 years of Monitoring and Evaluation experience is essential,
- Experience in a non-governmental organization or in the United Nations is desirable.
- Working experience in Gender based violence, capacity building and women empowerment is desirable.
- Knowledge and experience in designing M&E systems and conducting evaluations
- Good level of proficiency in Windows Excel and quantitative analysis
- Fluency in English language, Kurdish and Arabic are preferred;
- Capacity to produce high-quality briefs and reports
- Confidentiality - Ability to handle sensitive matters appropriately;
- Excellent communication & organizational skills;
- Able to work under pressure and meet the deadlines.
Interested applicants must send their most recent CV to email@example.com, Subject line must read: S-IR-VA-20064, Sr. Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Officer, Erbil
Note: Applications not meeting the specified minimum requirements o received after closing date may not be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview that may include a written test of communication and writing skills.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply