SWEDO is a Swedish non-profit, non-political, non-religious development aid organization that was founded in 1991 in Stockholm, Sweden. Having continuously operated in the Kurdistan Region ever since, SWEDO’s main priorities of work are construction and infrastructure activities, refugee and IDP initiatives, health, water, sanitation and hygiene, and capacity building.
The World Food Program has granted SWEDO a project to implement a WFP-assistance program under the ICSP-Strategic Outcome 2- Sustainable Livelihoods for Resilient Communities in Thi-Qar Governorates
Beneficiaries of the project are 1,155 direct beneficiaries receiving support through cash transfer assistance to provide works for the creation of assets, training and productive inputs to strengthen livelihood production and market value chain, and 8,100 indirect beneficiaries
The target area is affected by widespread environmental degradation, neglected – or absent – infrastructures for the sustainable creation of livelihoods, and the project aims at provide the target beneficiaries with environmental assets that will enable them to initiate a path of sustainable livelihoods and recovery to development
The creation of assets plays a key role in the program, with special attention to agricultural and livelihoods, especially water-related infrastructures utilized for irrigation. The program aims at providing an integrated approach with rehabilitation of water canals, irrigation schemes and plantation of palm date trees
The Senior Procurement Officer will provide expertise to ensure timely and smooth procedures to deliver goods and services planned in the project
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for procurement of goods and services according to the organization’s procurement SOPs and according to donor’s mandated guidelines.
- Ensure that the procurement and logistics documentation is complete and updated accordingly.
- Ensure compliance with donor conditions and audit requirements.
- Advice the line manager on all issues related to procurement and logistics, and ensure transparency and accountability in all activities in every stage of procurement.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports. Report any suspicion of wrong-doing immediate to line manager.
- Follow and implement guidelines set by donors as per project specifications, prepare to open bidding on multiple projects as needed to move projects forward.
- Evaluate bidding based on guidelines set by SWEDO SOPs and donor conditions and send analysis to management and donor, if required, for consideration.
- Manager the transportation unit, ensure compliance with organization’s processes and donor conditions on this matter, ensure that vehicle fleet is in best working condition, scrutinize vehicle log sheets, monitor fuel usage by each vehicle, and maintain records on vehicle maintenance.
- Communicate with contractors on bidding and tendering process.
- Carry out any other relevant duty as requested by the line manager.
- Selects vendors, places orders, and may arrange for service contract.
- Follows up on orders to ensure that materials are shipped and delivered on promised dates.
- Maintains records and follow up documentations filing of purchases, shipments, and related matters as per the guidelines.
- Must inspect products received for quality and quantity to ensure adherence to specifications.
- Informs other staff and vendors regarding procedural requirements (e.g. ordering and purchasing procedures, available funds, etc.) for the purpose of facilitating the purchasing process with established practices.
Archiving and filing:
- Maintains purchasing documents, files and records (e.g. Requests for Proposal, vendor files, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of documentation and compliance with established policies and regulatory guidelines.
- Performs general and program specific clerical functions (e.g. answering the telephones, distributing purchase orders, scheduling, copying, etc.) for the purpose of supporting departmental activities.
- Bachelor Degree in administration, accounting, finance, procurement or engineering;
- At least three years’ experience in the same position or Procurement field;
- Experience working with NGOs or humanitarian organizations is a plus; understanding of humanitarian principles & values is a must;
- Fluency in English & Arabic Languages;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and Outlook email;
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Possesses strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Able to work in a team and as individual;
- Good management, administrative and communication skills;
- Team spirit, good communication skill, meet deadlines and time management;
- Integrity and confidentiality qualifications are required;
- Strong attention to details and ability to multi-task.
Interested applicants must send their most recent CV to email@example.com, Subject line must read: S-IR-VA-20057, Sr. Procurement Officer, Erbil
Note: Applications not meeting the specified minimum requirements o received after closing date may not be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview that may include a written test of communication and writing skills.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply