Médecins Sans Frontières-Holland (MSF-H) is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF-H is currently recruiting for a Storekeeper, in Kirkuk project.
- Supervising materials and goods orders and dispatch in order to ensure its rational use.
- Receiving orders and deliveries, identifying and reporting potential discrepancies against cargo manifest or others. Stores materials in accordance with the system in force in order to ensure continuous availability.
- Updating and/or creating stock cards for all stock items immediately after reception of goods. Checking the received cold boxes and controlling the cold chain-monitoring card
- Storing materials in accordance with the system in force in order to ensure continuous availability ensuring that all items are well organised and correctly stored, well protected, fully identified and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.).
- Monitoring the store temperature and ensuring Cold Chain items are stored in an adequate temperature. Keeping a special control of “sensitive” goods: numbers of lots, expiry dates, packaging and special storage conditions
- Preparing orders on time before sending goods, and packs (according to transport means) weighs and labels freight with corresponding shipping number, destination, number of shipping units, way bill number, weight and mode of transport in accordance with the line manager’s instructions.
- In conjunction with the line manager, performing physical stock counts in accordance with the frequency previously defined. Following up stock levels with regards to alarms thresholds, stock out and expiry dates.
- Controlling warehouse limited access to authorized personnel and ensuring doors and other exits are secured. Immediately informing the line manager of any problems arising in the course of the work, particularly with regard to damage, loss, attempted break-ins or theft in the warehouse
- Assisting the line manager with preparation of the stock reports.
- Ensure items are properly organized and are correctly stored, well protected, fully identified and are easy to get to (cleanliness, security, access … )
- Monitoring the store temperature and ensuring Cold Chain items are stored in an adequate temperature. Keeping a special control of "sensitive" goods: numbers of lots, expiry dates, packaging and special storage conditions
- Ensure all required information is correctly and recorded on the stock cards (product specification, MSF code, batch number, expiry date, received or issue date, stock balance, in, out and reference number of reception and delivery documents)
- Following up stock levels (medical and non-medical) about alarms thresholds, stock out and expiry dates. Advise and inform the supply officer when the stock item gets to the minimum stock level and when they are over maximum
- Prevent stock discrepancy (theft and damage), control warehouse limited access to authorized personnel, immediately informing the line manager of any problems with regard to damage, loss, attempted break-ins or theft in the warehouse
- In conjunction with the Supply officer, perform physical stock counts in accordance with the frequency previously defined
- Prepare monthly stock report in the first week of every month
- Check contents of emergency boxes complete them after use and check expiry dates.
Reception of goods
- Receive orders and deliveries, checking the quantity and quality of goods, identifying and reporting discrepancies against cargo manifest or waybill and packing list
- Checking the received cold boxes and controlling the cold chain-monitoring card and other temperature monitoring devices
- Update and/or create stock cards for all stock items immediately after reception of goods.
- Stores materials in accordance with the system in force in order to ensure continuous availability.
- Manage storage of sensitive and controlled items (numbers of lots, expiry dates, packaging and special storage condition)
Issuing of goods
- Prepare and deliver outgoing goods of the basis of the requests from different consumption units (departments, central pharmacy , wards, coordination, others)
- Ensure proper packing and labelling of freight in accordance with the instruction provided by the supply officer
- Issue goods in compliance of FEFO (First Expiry First Out) principle
- Update stock cards immediately after issuance of goods and register the reference number of the delivery document or stock request
- Regularly advises the supply officer on the weight/volume of goods ready for dispatch to different projects or units
- In collaboration with the supply officer organize and sends cargo to the other projects, if needed
Reporting and filling system
- Monthly Reconciliation Unifield Stock Levels
- Prepare monthly stock report in the first week of every month
- Maintain a proper filling for all documents according to MSF standards, LogAdmin Kit filing system and labelling files.
- Maintain a proper filling on shared drive;
- Cold chain follow up sheet and Log tag reports,
- Monthly Expired lists, Quarantine stock levels,
- Warehouse mapping, Supply activity tool… and other files.
- Attend meetings and trainings as requested.
- Carry out various maintenance tasks (e.g. setting up racks).
- Assist Supply Officer in cargo clearance.
- Fix term contract on100% if non DOH staff is hired and service agreement if DOH staff is hired.
- Intended start date: October
- Location: Kirkuk (visiting to Hawija and Abbasi)
· Secondary education and warehouse management related studies
· Previous experience as storekeeper desirable
· Essential English and Arabic
· Essential basic mathematics and use of measuring equipment
· Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
· Desirable ability to do basic repairs
· Results and Quality Orientation L1
· Teamwork and Cooperation L1
· Behavioural Flexibility L1
· Commitment to MSF Principles L1
· Service Orientation L1
· Stress Management. L2
Please send your application in English (CV, letter of motivation and any relevant certificates) to:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (please indicate in the subject “Storekeeper”)
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please submit any relevant certificate.
DEADLINE TO SEND APPLICATION: Saturday 02 October 2021 (3:00pm)