SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Student Engagement & Leadership Officer is a new position in the Office of Student Affairs. This position will have an important role in working with the different student groups in developing, coordinating, executing, and monitoring various activities and initiatives that focus on the social, educational, recreational, wellness, diverse and inclusive needs of AUIB students. The Officer will collaborate with students, staff, and faculty to facilitate student success, foster leadership, enhance the quality of campus life, and create an inclusive and welcoming university environment. This position will ensure that student organizations and leaders have, and understand, the appropriate information regarding university policies and procedures.
The Officer will also need to understand basic budgeting and tracking of inventory. On occasion, this position requires staff presence on weekends, public holidays and after office hours. This position will involve interacting with faculty and staff from different departments.
- Enhance the AUIB student experience by addressing student queries and mentoring students’ leadership and planning skills.
- Increase efficiency by coordinating students and other collaborating departments in executing student training, presentations, events, and activities.
- Enhance students’ engagement experience through administration and departmental collaboration.
- Create and support student leadership development programs, student engagement experiences, and events that support AUIB’s mission focused on a robust student experience rooted in an American style education.
- Support students through a range of student activities and events.
- Create life-long experiences for students through various personal and professional development initiatives.
- Collaborate with other staff and faculty in the development of educational learning opportunities focused on leadership for immediate service on campus and future service beyond graduation.
- Lead New Student Orientation and welcome back events.
- Provide administrative support to (Assistant) Director, provide general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks.
- Engage with faculty, staff, and advisors with the goal of enhancing student learning through participation in clubs and student organizations.
- Assist in the development, and coordinate, various student organizations, such as: student clubs, the University Honor Society, the Student Activities board, the Student Ambassador Program, and the Global Leadership Academy.
- Update and monitor the Student Activity calendar.
- Conduct Student Affairs surveys in relation to students’ engagement experience to understand more about students’ participation and needs.
- Oversee the administration of student activities, including logistics, budgetary needs, coordination of volunteers, liaising with staff/faculty and other departments.
- Develop and coordinate projects around the needs of student engagement. This requires taking responsibility for the coordination and progress of assigned projects ensuring the timely recording of activity against objectives.
- Offer responses to student requests or concerns in a timely manner. Ensure student feedback is obtained in order to maintain the highest levels of student satisfaction.
- Adhere to all university and departmental policies and procedures; take part in reviewing and updating internal policies.
- Generate and format reports
- Respect confidentiality – all confidential information as it relates to students should be kept private and only disclosed to appropriate persons.
- Any other tasks related to role
REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least two years’ work experience in related field; prior experience in higher education is an advantage
- Sports/Fitness, Art, or Music experience is an advantage
- Events planning experience
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Power Point, Excel) and database applications.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks
- Excellent time management skills
- Innovative and creative thinker - resourceful
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – verbal and written
- Demonstrated high degree of professionalism and a can-do mindset
- Strong work ethic with the ability to excel in a demanding, outcome-oriented, and dynamic work environment
- Conflict resolution and multi-tasking skills
- Detail oriented
- Professional discretion
- Ability to work well with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment
Applications should include:
- Cover letter addressing the requirements of the position
- Updated Curriculum Vitae.
- Copies of Passport Data information page.
- References (contact details) for up to three individuals who are familiar with your work.
- Copies of all formal academic degrees and certificates.
- Copies of your Transcripts.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Confidential review of materials and screening of candidates will begin immediately.
Please apply through AUIB website OR send your application and supporting documents to the following email address: [email protected]
You MUST put the position title in the Subject line.
If an applicant has any relatives working at AUIB this must be disclosed in writing in the cover letter.
If you have not heard back from us after 3 weeks, it means that your application was not successful.