Job title: Supply Chain Assistant
Reporting to: Support Services Manager Unit/department: Support Service
Employment Band: I Location: Tikrit Office (with travel to program locations in Salah dean government)
Management or Non-Management: Non-Management Authorization level: According to the IDRA
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunities for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956 and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
In 2003, following the start of foreign military operations in Iraq, DRC became one of the first organisations to provide humanitarian assistance in the country and now operates in 11 governorates, including Anbar, Baghdad, Babel, Diyala, Duhok, Erbil, Karbala, Kirkuk, Najaf, Ninewa and Salah-al-Din.
Overall purpose of the role:
To support with logistics and purchasing for the Tikrit office and program sites throughout Salah Al Dian in close coordination with Supply chain officers and Support services Manager, other departments (finance, etc.) to ensure compliance with DRC logistics & procurement guidelines.
Responsibilities: (in bullet points)
- Responsible for the procurement cycle including receiving & verifying Purchase Requests from program teams, identification of potential suppliers, receiving quotations from suppliers through a Single Quote or Request for Quotations (RFQ) process, completing RFQ reports, organizing signing of Purchase Orders (contracts) with suppliers, and working with finance team to ensure timely payment to suppliers
- Ensure all processes are completed in accordance with the DRC Procurement Manual, SOPs, and donor guidelines
- Filing, scanning, and sharing all required documents & procurement/supplier files
- Maintaining an up-to-date procurement tracker in coordination with other supply chain team
- Maintaining an up-to-date inventory list & proper storage of DRC assets in the storage room or other storage sites
- Conduct all duties in accordance with the DRC Code of Conduct and ensure all DRC Suppliers conform with the DRC Code of Ethics
- Follows up in a timely manner with Suppliers for all urgent requirements
- Provides timely Procurement Reports on Procurement activity to line manager and related programs
- Responsible for logistical support to Tikrit office, sub-offices at program locations, and to program teams including maintenance & repair, generator functionality & fueling, etc.
- Supply Chain Assistant in fleet management for all Tikrit vehicles
- Assisting Admin with duties related to logistics or admin
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the line manager
- This job description is not a definitive task list but has been done to clarify the responsibilities of the employee
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- Minimum 1 years of experience working with NGO’s or humanitarian organizations, as Supply chain assistant / Procurement assistant
- 2 or more years of experience in logistics/procurement is preferred
- Experience with standard procurement procedures and documentation is required
- Must be organized, able to multi-task, flexible, and able to work as a team
- Honesty & integrity are a must
Strong computer skills including advanced Excel skills
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
University degree an advantage. Degree related to logistics/procurement preferred.
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
Arabic required. English strongly preferred.
Key stakeholders: (internal and external)
- Base Manager & Support Team Leader
- Finance & Program Teams
- South Central logistics departments
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the Apply button.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: [30-June-2022]
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. Therefore, female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Note: Due to the urgency of this position, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo