Supply Chain Officer
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
DRC has been operating in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region for over a decade, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programmes through Country Offices (COs) in Algeria, Libya/Tunisia, Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey with a Regional Office (RO) in Amman. DRC has 17 offices and approximately one thousand staff members across the MENA region. Following an internal HQ restructuring, from 1st January 2018 the region is focusing on the Middle East, hence Algeria, Tunisia and Libya will transition to a new region during the course of 2018, while Yemen will join the Middle East region.
About the job
Responsible for all procurement of goods and services, warehousing, transportation of good and people, vehicle fleet management, and general logistics support to programs. Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
Support and administration
• Ensuring all the procurement processes are in line with DRC Operations Handbook
• Effective and efficient support to programs’ needs.
• Develop and maintain relevant database.
• Maintaining the assets list.
• Weekly and monthly status reports
• Warehouse management, including reporting and alert mechanism to program staff.
• Assist in recruitment, training and capacity building of the logistics team
• Coordination of programme staff to ensure logistics involvement in the whole programme cycle
• Procurement of all goods and services
• Establish and follow up annual procurement plans
• Track all orders, purchases and deliveries
• Ensure that all logistics specific donor rules and policies are understood and respected
• Oversight of all purchase and service contract to ensure DRC's interests are protected
• Vehicle fleet management
• Optimize all logistics operations to increase cost effectiveness including setting up longer term supply contracts
• Fixed asset management
• Ensure DRC supplier due diligence is effective in the relevant context
• Correctly apply ERP supply chain processes
- Others duties assigned by the Support Team Leader and/or Base Manager
- This job description is not a definitive task list but has been done to clarify the responsibilities of the employee
To be successful in this role we expect the following:
• Minimum 2 years of experience in humanitarian logistics, procurement, transport and distribution, warehousing, and stock management
• Good understanding of the procurement rules and regulations of major international donors
• Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Advanced English proficiency
• Fluency in local language
• Advanced English proficiency
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Contract length: 6 Months
Start date: 2 January 2020
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates/ Nationals; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 19 December 2019
Please note: that given the urgency of vacancy the position may be filled before the due date.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.