- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of GBV activities in the camps by taking leadership and acting as the focal person for the organization.
- Collaborate closely with the GBV program Officers to monitor project implementation and to ensure the needs of the beneficiaries are met as well as achieving the project goal.
- To work with the social worker to provide assistance in identifying and implementation of community awareness activities and identifying protection concerns of women and girls in areas of concern.
- Participate in different assessments such as safety audits and situational analysis as requested by the supervisor.
- To provide guidance and management to the women community Centre’s thus ensuring survivors receive appropriate services from the GBV staff.
- Ensure the staff at the women community centres abide by the code of conduct, GBV guiding principles and other humanitarian principles.
- Conduct meetings with the GBV staffs to discuss challenges affecting them and to find probable solutions to the issues.
- Foster effective communication amongst staff and enhance team work during implementation of activities.
- To ensure there is proper filling of forms and particularly the case management forms due to the sensitive information contained in the forms.
Monitoring & Reporting:
- Prepare and provide weekly report on activities at the women and girls center. This will include key achievements, challenges, lessons learnt and follow up support needed from supervisor.
- Ensure the principle of safety and confidentiality of beneficiaries’ data is upheld.
Networking and coordination
- To create network within the local communities and the displaced communities in camps.
- To build strong relationship with the international and local associations and with the agencies involved in Protection programs related issues.
- To represent UIMS in meetings at camp level in consultation with the GBV program Officer, such as coordination meetings including camp coordinating meeting and protection meeting.
- Act as a communication link between the project management and camp implemented activities.
- Fulfil any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- BA or equivalent in Social Science, Social Work, Psychology, Counselling, Sexual Reproductive Health, or Gender related programs.
- One- two years’ experience in Protection and GBV programming with Clear understanding of gender, abuse of power, and issues surrounding violence against women and girls.
- Excellent communication skills with positive and professional attitude, including ability to lead and work well in a team setting.
- Ability to work with people from different cultural background.
- Strong ability to maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure circumstances
- Knowledge and ability to speak the language of the local community preferred.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Reliable, rigorous and well organized.
- Motivated and dedicated to his/her job.
- Able and willing to learn to extend his/her scope of work.
All applicants must submit by Email ([email protected]), please mention (Team leader-Heet) in the subject of your email and you can include your CV with a cover letter. Closing date will be 7th June. 2023.