Jobs By Governorate
Job Information Technical Assistant (Engineer) NGO InformationJob Information
NGO Name PIN (People in Need)
Contact Name HR
Contact Email email@example.com
Contract Duration 2 months
Governorate Salah Al-Din
Working Hours Full Time
Minimum Education Bachelor Degree
Degree Title Civil Engineer
Minimum Experience 2 Year
Required TravelJob Status
No Of Jobs 1
Published Date 2020-06-01
Deadline Date 2020-06-11Location
[Al Shirqat,Iraq ]Description
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
The Engineer will be a part of PIN Engineering unit, and will be based in Shirqat PIN office and his main target will be in Biji district,Salahaddin Governorate and Hawija subdistrict of Kirkuk Governorate but will regularly visit the areas of implementation in Mosul and all districts and sub-districts belongs to Msoul and all other areas under PIN target when need and will do support when needed Bartilla PIN office within its target in all Nineveh governorate Precise locations for interventions will be chosen on a base of needs assessed conducted by PIN.
1. Preparation of Documentation for engineering project
- Planning and conducting technical assessments in targeted areas, collecting field data; writing reports and providing advice based on the conclusions drawn.
- Providing inputs for or preparing rehabilitation and construction works of schools, wash, water distribution system, and all other engineering works in PIN, plans in coordination with relevant stakeholders (e.g. Directorate of Education, partners, clusters, communities…etc)
- Preparing bills of quantities (BoQs); providing input and performing quality checks for relevant procurement; supervising/coordinating/monitoring the delivery/distribution of materials and construction process.
- Preparing corresponding documentation and periodical/ad hoc reports, depending on needs.
2. Overseeing Engineering Projects
- Overseeing and ensuring the planning, scheduling, and implementation of the technical components of projects, in compliance with DoE and any other authorities needed PIN procedures, standards, and safety codes and other applicable legal regulations.
- Conducting site inspections on a regular basis. Monitoring and evaluating rehabilitation and construction works in accordance with the accepted plans and other relevant documentation. Operating adjustments depending on needs and based on consultations with the relevant stakeholders, team members and project/programme manager.
- Coordinating with the project team members, project/programme managers and other relevant actors in the area.
- Liaison with external stakeholders, including partners and donor, with regard to the rehabilitation, construction and any other engineering projects components.
- All of the above-mentioned points of duties and tasks are applied and committed by the engineer with any other engineering project inside PIN and within the engineer’s unit and their mentioned duties
GENERAL EMPLOYEES OBLIGATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Employer stipulates the right to assign the Employee any other kind of work derived from his specialization. In case of urgent work and such like the Employee may be asked to work overtime as well as during public and other holidays.
- Adhering to all PIN policies and procedures at all times including those stipulated in National Staff Handbook, Child Protection Policy, Security Standard Operating procedures, etc.
- Punctual attendance to work including both working hours in the assigned office and schedule field trips if applicable
- Ensuring timely and effective delivery of tasks
- Correctness and completeness of given tasks
- The Employee takes over the responsibility for all entrusted material or cash. The Employee is obligated to cover all damages or losses caused by his carelessness. The Agreement of Liability of Assets has been signed separately.
- Prompt providing of all relevant information to their supervisor
- Maintain confidentiality of all information gained from employment within not publically available
- Archiving of all entrusted and acquired documents in proper manner
- Representing and upholding the values of People in Need at all times
- Behave in appropriate manners at all times and in all places
How To Apply
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION
Education: Civil Engineer or related
Work Experience: Not less than two years
Word (good), Excel (very good), Others: AutoCAD and other engineering programs
English Skills: Basic
Other Languages: Arabic
Other:Has good field skills and using engineering sites tools such us Level, total station and
Kindly fill the following application form on the Airtable website: https://airtable.com/shrPQJqgpaZ0rL1Bx