Under the guidance of the Chief of Mission (CoM) and under the overall supervisor of Senior Resources Management Officer (SRMO) and direct supervision of the Resources Management Officer (RMO) the incumbent will provide administrative and technical support to the Finance Unit. Her/his duties and responsibilities will be as follows:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Receive cash payment from self-payers applicants and assure proper handling and documentation of the cash. Ensure timely deposit of the funds collected to the IOM Erbil cashier on a daily basis.
- Serve as the focal person for MHD Erbil in the submission of request for payments (RFP) that are to be processed by Erbil finance unit
- Serve as the focal person for PRISM e-filing system for finance unit. Ensure that accounts documentations for bank/cash payments in Erbil and/or its sub-offices are in accordance to IOM’s rules and regulations before e-filing and/or archiving.
- Assist in the preparation of projects/internal/external audits by collecting, compiling and reviewing the request for payments and supporting documents.
- Maintain an efficient filling and tracking system for incoming/outgoing finance documents;
- Assist in the distribution/payment of allowances to training participants/beneficiaries in coordination with programs/projects.
- Maintain cash advance balance of each staff and vendor as well as ensuring that all settlements are submitted on timely manner and are accurate.
- Support in following up with various operational units/sub-offices in the approval of RFP from authorized signatories.
- Support other RM units such as (HR, Procurement, IT etc). Serve as a back up of the cashier.
- Undertake duty travel in Iraq, as needed and required.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- High School degree in the above field with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Work experience in administration; and/or treasury functions;
- Experience of treasury and cash handling;
- Ability to present clear and concise information;
- Good communication and professional presentation skills;
- Delivers on set objectives in hardship situations;
- Flexibility, tolerance and capacity to work in a team;
- Previous work experience with UN or other international NGOs will be an advantage.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via a link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.