Hope Organization for Development and improvement is a humanitarian organization and Non-Profit organization stablished in 2007. Working in different cities in Iraq like; Ninewa, Salah-Aldin, Anbar, Kirkuk and KRI. Have an update registration in Iraq and KRI. Hope Organization is Provides Relief, Rehabilitation, Livelihood, Emergincy Response, Wash, Education, GBV sessions, PSS, Protection for Women and Children, and Reconstruction support to communities affected by wars and natural disasters in the country. Supports conflict-affected populations by strengthening the capacities of communities, civil society, and government authorities, increasing their preparedness to protect human rights through advocacy, providing basic services and promoting the well-being of the individual and the family and guarantee Women and children's rights in the community. Hope Organization is contribute in all available means to eliminate violence against women and children physically and psychologically. Hope Organization is also responding to the emergency and working in different sectors to make sure all the required support to the people receiving services In addition, HOPE membership comes from different religions and sects and nationalities, working on providing training, research, dialogue facilitation, and civil society consulting in the field of human rights, peace-building, and the rule of law in order to promote a culture of non-violence without discrimination and in accordance with Iraqi constitutional provisions and international conventions ratified by Iraq.
Under the direct supervision of the program manager in Talafar, wash officerr is responsible to Coordinates and supervises all activities requiring specific civil engineering knowledge (especially water and sanitation engineering), and acts as director of hygiene and public health.
WASH Engineer, the WASH Officer is responsible for the implementation of all technical programmes/interventions undertaken by Hope either sub-contrHope or through CFW/daily labour, matching with Hope’s quality criteria and strategy, He/She is fully responsible of his/her activity in terms of quality, respect of the targets, bill of quantities, respect of the budget and deadline.
- Project Implementation, Planning and Follow Up:
- Assist WASH team for Programme activities
- Ensure that planned activities are successfully implemented according to HOPE’s quality standards and SoPs;
- In collaboration with the programme team and coordination, determine the strategic direction of the programme in the short and medium term and map out activities;
- Prepare Bills of Quantities and Designs as required by programmes.
- Complete technical designs, assessments, and reports according to Engineering Principles
- Collaborate effectively with other line managers and the coordination team;
- Collaborate with the Appraisal, Monitoring and Evaluation Unit (AMEU) to assess need, monitor activities, and evaluate programme progress. Ensure that lessons learned in the course of implementation are integrated into the programme to ensure that it remains responsive and relevant;
- Provide input and regularly review all FLAT Follow-Up for ongoing programmes together with the relevant department manager and Programme Coordinator;
- Be alert to opportunities arising for learning, collaboration and partnership that may enhance programme quality and responsiveness;
- Provide relevant technical expertise/guidance to ensure that technical quality and standards are maintained during project implementation;
- Identify and interact with existing WASH initiatives in the base, including UN, GO’s and NGO’s, and community initiatives;
- Develop and implement an exit strategy in collaboration with his/her team, AME unit and the Project Manager;
- Liaise with the relevant Technical Working Group / Cluster and its participants/ partners;
- Report regularly (as requested) to the Project Manager and the Chief Engineer;
- Translate relevant documents or information during coordination and field visits;
- Develop team capacity at both the individual and group level by organising/ facilitating trainings internally or through specialist agencies / individuals;
- Facilitate trainings or programme coordination meetings by translating and/or leading discussions. Moreover, he/she shall be in a position to present HOPE’s global and programmatic strategies and activities in township NGO fora or for Local Authorities;
- Work proactively to ensure that the projects are responsive and relevant to community needs;
- Supervise Daily labour/sub-contractors hired to support with the WASH activities;
- Submit accurate and detailed reports on assistance provided to beneficiary and technical activities conducted;
- Assist in building positive relations with local authorities and external actors to grant access to beneficiaries and coordinate on the use of public sites and infrastructures;
- Ensure that project timeframe and deadlines are abide to and that the project runs on time;
- Ensure community/beneficiary feedback is collected and shared in programme and coordination meetings;
- Be responsible for the management of technical assistant and daily workers and for ensuring that all field teams are comprehensively briefed on the objective, expected output and overall implementation strategy of any given activity;
- Ensure that technical officers and other project/field staff are given training and complete all the necessary documentation in line with programme requirements.
- Support with capacity building, particularly of the CfW staff
- Supervise Suppliers in the field, report daily to the PM on progress and technical specifications and quantify works completed to date.
- Draft project schedules for activities and share with weekly reports to the PM.
- Support with surveying of beneficiaries and others when needed;
- Support with data analysis and reporting;
- Support the Reporting Manager in the preparation of reports to be submitted to Donors / Authorities / Coordination bodies (i.e. OCHA / Internal Coordination). He/she will be expected to provide reports covering activity implementation, achievement of objectives, successes / challenges, beneficiary feedback, etc;
- Provide regular reports to the PM on the progress of the implementation of activities and on observations made during the mission and collaborate closely with the AME unit as part of monitoring and evaluation activities;
- To process data and information from field – in particular ensure quality, consistency, accuracy, truthfulness, comprehensiveness of all collected data;
- To support assessment and monitoring staff to have an independent, open access to beneficiaries in order to collect complaints;
- To support in preparation of the monthly/weekly work plan schedules;
- To prepare all other report upon request by the Program Managers;
- Provide with suggestions on improvement of the work process as needed.
- To perform accurate filing of all processed documents, monthly consolidated filing of key project documents in the office;
- To prepare, on demand, summaries and reports of activities according to HOPE needs and reflecting the most accurate data of the activities developed;
- To support the assessment and monitoring staff on recording complaints if needed;
- On close coordination with internal audit department, to assist on the final reporting of activities, including field verification of leftover stocks and identification of beneficiaries
- Ensure all relevant filing is properly organized, up-to-date and complete for all projects. He/she shall, also work closely with the teams to support project reconciliation / general monthly follow-up exercises.
- A university graduate in a relevant field(s) preferred in Public Health or Engineering
- Minimum 3 years’ experience
- Fluency in Arabic and English both verbal and written is required
- A willingness to learn quickly, ask questions, and improve on his/her skills;
- Excellent communication, diplomatic and motivational skills with program staff, beneficiaries and other stakeholders;
- S/he is committed to honesty and clarity in all data collection, and expects the same from cash for work staff;
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and problem solve in a fast moving, multi-site environment;
- Demonstrate flexibility to work on unusual hours and cope with the pressure from emergency activities.
Please submit your CV with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
and put in the subject: (Wash officer-Talafar)