I. Presentation of organisation
Solidarités International is a French humanitarian organisation present in Iraq since the beginning of the year. The mission currently consists of emergency and post-emergency programs in in Mosul District.
- Responsibilities and Tasks:
SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL is setting up its water, sanitation and hygiene (WaSH) operations in Mosul district, in response to the Mosul crisis, especially to support the dynamic of returnees. This response aims at covering basic WaSH needs out of camps, for affected populations of the area as well as displaced populations from and into Mosul. It includes rehabilitation of water network installation, water trucking distribution, solid waste management, as well as provision of hygiene items and hygiene sensitization sessions.
The main duties of the post entail but are not limited to:
Set-up and operational monitoring
- Under the supervision of the team leader, take part in logistical and administrative organization and the planning and preparation of job sites
- Ensure the construction and/or the maintenance of construction work using Solidarités International tools
- Supervise the water trucks filling and water chlorination process as well as recording Water trucks activities.
- Supervise operational teams, contractors and communities, and ensure the best use of available resources
- Implement hygiene promotion campaign in school according to CHAST approach.
- Collaborate and coordinate with local authorities, to ensure proper project implementation, especially toward solid waste management activities.
- Anticipate any problems associated with the management of his/her activity and propose solutions to avoid them
- Manage the supply of worksite materials by collaborating with the logistics department
- Report to the project manager and/or team leader on the state of decentralized stock (‘field’ stock) on his/her sites.
- Take part to the evaluation of the technical competence of contractors
- Respect Solidarités administrative procedures before, during and after each work project
- Establish safety and security measures for each activity and ensure that these rules are respected by the workforce under his/ her supervision and by the population
- Keep his/her monitoring tools and files archived in the Solidarités office, accessible to his/her team leader and/or project manager
- Take part in the drafting of project progress reports under the supervision of the WASH program manager
- Report to the WASH program manager regarding the development of activities and specific tasks that he/she has been assigned, any problems encountered and the quality of relations with the beneficiaries
- Listen to the local population and authorities in order to identify any needs, complaints, or major events which could affect the activities of Solidarités
- At least 1-year experience in technical related field (Science, water resources or a relevant field).
- Experience in NGO is an asset
- Management duties is an asset
- Knowledge of the WASH sector with technical knowledge,
- Experience in NFI’s/WaSH distribution
- Knowledge on estimation, drawing and design of WaSH infrastructures,
- Knowledge of masonry and/or plumber work
- Team management abilities and cultural awareness,
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong initiative, flexibility and creativity,
- Commitment to the job and the organization,
- Fluent in Arabic (written, spoken and read), English is an asset.
- IT skills:
- General computer literacy
- Comprehensive knowledge and very good command of MS Office (essential for reporting)
- Knowledge of technical design software is a plus (such as AutoCad, Sketchup)
Please send by email your application (CV, cover letter in English) to email@example.com.
You could deliver your application (CV, cover letter) to Solidarites International office in Erbil (Address: Ankawa-Hadiab-240/1/77) or Mosul (Address: Alkafaht-91/736/40)
Please mention in the subject of your email “WASH Officer”
Final date for applications: September 18th 2017.
The position can be fill before the closing date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.