PRESENTATION OF THE ORGANIZATION
SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 38 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs - water, food and shelter. Currently present in Iraq since 2017, SI carries out emergency / post-emergency programs in Wash sector in Mosul region.
- Implement and monitor water, sanitation and hygiene activitiesFollow-up the status of residencies and visas
- Provide full support to workers and contractors on assigned program activities in refugee campsSupport shipment authorization paperwork and related communication and negotiation with authorities
- Collect data and sources of verifications for program progress and achievements.
He/She will work under the responsibility of the WASH Team leader on a regular basis but will be switched to the supervision of the Emergency Response Team Leader when asked by the Program Manager.
Set-up and operational monitoring:
- Recruitment of daily worker monitoring officer with the support of the Wash or Emergency Response Team Leader
- Supervise water and sanitation rehabilitations and/or maintenances in camps
- Follow closely contractors on water trucking and/or desludging
- Support on monitoring (work progress, quantity and quality) for assigned activities
- Supervise distributions in camps if requested
- Supervise cleaning campaigns if requested
- Anticipate and share any problems associated with the carrying out of his/her activity and resolve any problems
- Report on a regular basis to the Wash or Emergency Response Team Leader about program implementation and the difficulties faced in the field and report quickly in case of problem or change
- Respect deadlines established with the Wash or Emergency Team Leader
- Conduct basic training for daily worker on technical issue
- Collect monitoring data using SI tools (KoBo, ODK, etc.):
- Contribute to data collection at field level (overseeing surveys, implementing survey and post Intervention monitoring survey) and make sure that all available aspects are covered.
- Ensure that all data is entered on time and check their consistency and quality.
- Under the responsibility of the Wash or Emergency Team Leader, participate in the logistical and administrative organization, planning and preparation of field operations population
- Analyze the humanitarian situation taking into account the production problems / Do No Harm policy for the population
- Apply safety & security procedures in field operations
- Conduct sensitization activities with beneficiaries:
- using Solidarités International resources
- sending messages determined by the Solidarités International official in charge of operations
- adapting methods to the different populations
- Monitor and distribute Wash activity reports.
- Other related tasks requested by line manager.
- Report to Wash or Emergency Response Team Leader all information related to activities, and security context or any event that may affect SI activities and security.
- Listen to the local population and authorities in order to identify any needs, complaints, or major events which could affect the activities of SI
- Report every day to the Wash Team Leader regarding progress on activities.
- Coordinate with support staff (logistic and administration), all staff involved in the program.
- Participate in coordinating and organising field visits carried out by donors and SI internal staff.
- Have and promote a good behaviour on the field as Solidarités International employee.
- At least 1-year experience in technical related field (Science, water resources or a relevant field).
- Experience in NGO is an asset
- Management duties is an asset
- Knowledge of the WASH sector with technical knowledge,
- Experience in NFI’s/WaSH distribution
- Knowledge on estimation, drawing and design of WaSH infrastructures,
- Knowledge of masonry and/or plumber work
- Team management abilities and cultural awareness,
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong initiative, flexibility and creativity,
- Commitment to the job and the organization,
- Fluent in Arabic (written, spoken and read), English is an asset.
- IT skills:
- General computer literacy
- Comprehensive knowledge and very good command of MS Office (essential for reporting)
- Knowledge of technical design software is a plus (such as AutoCad, Sketchup)
To apply for the position, please send your application with a resume, cover letter, and work certificate, to the email:
Please note that the subject of the email should be: WASH-OFF-001-MSL-2020
Or send by hand to SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL office at Al-Kafaat Quarter addressed to Admin Assistant
Deadline for submitting applications: 21st February 2020