arche noVa - Initiative for People in Need is a non-religious, independent non-profit and non-governmental organization (NGO) with Headquarters in Germany. We work in the field of humanitarian aid, rehabilitation and development and primarily focus on the WaSH sector.
Globally, arche noVa currently works in twelve countries. Since 2013, arche noVa is implementing projects for IDPs, returnees and host communities in Northern Iraq/Kurdistan (Diyala, Sulimaniyah and Kirkuk province).
arche noVa is providing WaSH services in IDP camps in Kirkuk, Kalar and Khanaqeen. arche noVa is also have WaSH activities outside camps; rehabilitation of WaSH facilities of schools and improvement of Water System in villages.
arche noVa is co-leading the WaSH Sub-cluster in Sulaymaniyah Governorate and WaSH working Group in North Diyala Governorate.
Objectives of the position
The duties assigned to employee are as indicated in the following Job Description. However they can be amended at the discretion of the management and the agreement of the employee. The employee may also be required to perform other functions, which are within his capacity, skills, aptitude and knowledge without additional remuneration.
Duties & Responsibilities
Objective 1. Establishment and maintenance of appropriate humanitarian coordination mechanisms
- Ensure appropriate coordination with all humanitarian partners (NGOs, UN agencies, and government) through establishment/ maintenance of appropriate sectorial coordination mechanisms: meetings, information sharing, reporting;
- Organize cluster coordinator meetings periodically including the preparation of MoMs to share with all partners and National WASH cluster coordinator;
- Secure commitments from WASH humanitarian partners in response to needs and filling gaps, ensure appropriate distribution of responsibilities within the WASH group, with clearly defined focal points for specific issues where necessary;
- Ensure effective links with other Cluster/sector groups;
- Represent the interests of the WASH Cluster/ sector in discussions with the Humanitarian Coordinator and other stakeholders on prioritization, resource mobilization and advocacy.
Objective 2. Overseeing the technical WASH project implementation of AN
- Liaise with the technical teams in the field, to ensure WASH project implementation meets minimum SPHERE and government standards, as well as donor requirements;
- Conduct regular program review and site visits to monitor and advise on AN project implementation.
Objective 2. Supporting service delivery
- Provide a platform to ensure that service delivery is driven by the agreed strategic priorities;
- Develop mechanisms to eliminate duplication of service delivery;
- Provide support to the AN technical teams in the field, where necessary.
Objective 3. Informing strategic decision-making of the HC/HCT for the humanitarian response
- Ensure effective and coherent WASH assessments and analyses, involving all relevant partners;
- Maintain information on all current and potential WASH partners, their capacities and areas of work (including who, what, where and by when);
- Prepare analyses to identify and address (emerging) gaps, obstacles, duplication, and cross- cutting issues.
Objective 4. Advocacy and resource mobilization
- Develop sectorial plans, objectives and indicators directly supporting the realization of the HC/HCT strategic priorities;
- Clarify funding requirements, prioritization, and cluster contributions to HC’s overall humanitarian funding considerations (Flash Appeal, CAP, ERF/CHF and CERF).
Objective 5. Planning and Strategy development
- Ensure WASH activities within the Sub-cluster are in a coordinated response between humanitarian and development NGOs and government authorities;
- Develop/update agreed WASH response strategies and action plans and ensure that these are adequately reflected in the overall country strategies, such as the CAP process;
- Develop an exit or transition strategy for the WASH interventions and key Cluster/sector partners;
- Provide insight and input for AN program development and contribute to the consequent proposals created.
Objective 6. Monitoring and reporting
- Ensure adequate monitoring mechanisms are in place to review impact of WASH interventions and progress against implementation plans;
- Ensure adequate WASH impact reporting and effective information sharing to demonstrate the closing of gaps;
- Minutes of WASH cluster submission (bi-weekly);
- 5W Matrix filling in on bi-weekly basis;
- WASH cluster updates for JCC (weekly);
- Inputs for weekly Sitreps and bulletins (upon request).
Objective 7. Accountability
- AN representatives who will ensure that the post holder is provided with all necessary support and guidance;
- WASH Cluster participants, who will ensure that they deliver on their agreed minimum commitments (IASC Guidance Note On Using The Cluster Approach to strengthen Humanitarian Response 24 November 2006);
- WASH Cluster coordinator team members, who will support the post holder in line with their terms of reference;
- Affected populations through agreed mechanisms;
Inter-cluster coordination bodies established by the HCT/ UNOCHA
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Geology, Hydrology or a field relevant to WASH related assistance (Social Science)
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel);
- Experience and knowledge of WASH needs and activities in humanitarian and development settings, including WASH needs in camps;
Ability to manage the budget of the WASH Cluster activities within the organization
Deadline for application: 8 April 2020
Please send CVs and Cover Letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: WASH Sub-Cluster Focal Point / WASH Advisor
Duration of the Contract : Until August, 2020 with the possibility of extension.
Further information: www.arche-nova.org
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and AN reserve the right to not fill the position.