Harikar in coordination with CARE International in Iraq is providing humanitarian assistance to vulnerable populations affected by the conflict in Iraq that was brought to an end in 2017.
Harikar and CARE’s programme is aligned with the 2020 HRP and will improve access to lifesaving gender-sensitive WASH, Protection and SRHR activities to 64,434 conflict affected individuals (18,169 women, 14,701 girls, 16,924 men and 14,640 boys) living in Chamishku and Essyan IDP camps as well as returnees in Sinjar district, Ninawa governorate. The activities are designed to complement Harikar and CARE’s existing GAC-funded program while expanding our reach to support returnees in Sinjar.
Under the overall guidance of the WASH Officer, the Team Leader will lead the teams of community mobilisers, gender workers, psychologist, and community volunteers in Sinjar area to ensure all project activities are completed according to plan, budget, and quality to ensure the proper response to protection issues and bad hygiene practices for the affected population targeted by Harikar NGO and CARE International, WASH Interventions in Sinjar.
The position will uphold Harikar and CARE’s Core Values namely; Transformation, Integrity, Diversity, Equality, Excellence promote mission and vision, programme principles to enhance programme impact.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Objective 1: Project support;
- Lead the teams of community mobilisers, gender workers, psychologist, and community volunteers in Sinjar area camps to ensure all project activities are completed according to plan, budget, and quality.
- Help plan and carry out need assessments, baseline studies, periodic studies and feedback findings to stakeholders.
- Preparing detailed periodic plan (weekly and monthly) related to Hygiene promotion and Protection activities based on key findings from the teams and incorporating them in the activities for the next period.
- Responsible of designing, managing, and monitoring hygiene promotion and protection activities according to project indicators using results-based approaches and PHAST method as required.
- Responsible of managing the Community Center for girls and women in Sinjar with all its activities (case management, Psychosocial support, therapies, life skill trainings, and trainings by the Psychologist).
- Responsible for organizing trainings for the team members to build their capacity.
- Responsible of managing the Dignity Kits activity in Sinjar.
- Responsible of managing the Cash Assistance activity in Sinjar.
- Solve misunderstanding between team members and properly respond to challenges.
Objective 2: Project Manager support;
- Support the Project Manager in the follow-up of HR, financial and logistics aspects of the project in Sinjar area.
- Submit periodic progress reports in coordination with the WASH Officer to the Project Manager to document office and field activities including communications with external actors, action points, decisions / changes made, and progress, including post-impact monitoring like success stories.
- Data collection, accurate record keeping and management of information to measure project indictors progress (Hygiene promotion and Protection) using required project activities tracking systems and keeping the MEAL required documents.
- Proactively identify the hygiene and protection issues inside the camp and assist the Project Manager to plan a proper response to solve those issues and minimize the risks.
- Perform other tasks as requested by the Project Manager.
Objective 3: Project monitoring;
- Daily visits to the field to closely monitor the quality of implementing Hygiene promotion and Protection activities and making sure it is properly conducted.
- Analyze the humanitarian situation and report any significant changes.
Objective 4: Operation department (Procurement, Finance, HR, and MEAL) support;
- Prepare the attendance sheets, proposals and other required documents by operation related to the activities that he/she is in charge.
- Conduct activities in accordance with donor SOPs and any other key documents.
- Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and / or security manager.
- Responsible of own security and actively contribute to a positive security culture.
Objective 5: Coordination;
- Support the team members in organizing Hygiene Promotion and Protection activities or events through liaising with the camp management and other actors or service providers inside the camp along with the provision of technical assistance.
- In collaboration with the Psychologist, facilitate in Psychological First Aid trainings.
- In collaboration with the Gender Workers, facilitate in WASH Committee trainings.
Required experience & skills:
University Degree in relevant field.
- At least 2 to 3 years of Team Leading experience in Projects implemented by national/international NGOs/UN bodies/ Government.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office (for reporting).
- Good communication skills including writing skills.
- Strong management skills.
- Strong training & facilitation skills.
Fluency in written and spoken Kurdish, Arabic and English.
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling Harikar NGO values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of Harikar NGO
- Organizes and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships
- Plans, coordinates and organizes workload while remaining aware of changing Priorities and competing deadlines
- Team management abilities, decision making, and cultural awareness.
- Strong initiative to new ideas, flexibility in adapting to changes, and creativity in responding to challenges.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral): Sensitivity to and responsiveness to CARE International, Respectful and helpful relations with partner, project staff, local authorities, and the community.
- Commitment to the job and the organization.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
- Solicits feedback from staff about the impact of his/her own behavior.
- Applicants should be from inside Sinjar, Ninawa governorate.
- All applications should be summited with a CV and a letter of application, detailing a brief description of why the applicant’s qualification and previous work history are suitable to the position.
- Applications should be placed in a sealed envelope, addressed to Harikar local NGO, indicating the applicant’s name, the post applied for, and should be delivered to the following address:
- Harikar Local NGO
- Nohadra Quarter, Jeen Street, 32/4, 1005, BA Dohuk.
- Duhok, Kurdistan, Iraq
- Phone Number: 07736971142
- Or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the Job Vacancy # (HD/ 29 ) and the position they are applying for (Team Leader / Sinjar) in the subject line of the email
- The closing date for applications for the above vacancy IS THE 7/7/2020 at 03:30 pm. (LOCAL TIME).