KURDS is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non profiting and an independent community based and public utility organization. KURDS NGO is established in 1991 as an Iraqi NGO with Kurdistan Region Government (KRG) to respond to natural or man-made disasters to address its vital objectives, reconstruction of destroyed areas during the arbitrary wars and internal conflicts, develop the targeted communities via highlighting diverse issues of awareness programmes regarding health, education, women social and political rights, violence against women, gender equity in rights and duties and capacity building programmes Simultaneously KURDS aims to develop the socio-economic conditions and environment of targeting areas by coordinating amongst the national & international agencies and targeted communities in term of raising the needs and requirements to provide transitional development, emergency responses and relief assistance nationally to the beneficiaries
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION
Under the direct supervision of the country director, the Water Engineer will be responsible in his/her assigned area for assisting in designing, implementing and monitoring water resources related activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Field Assessments and Project design
- Participate, as required, in field assessments
SUPERVISION of Projects implementation
Under general guidance of the country director, the Water Engineer will carry out the following tasks:
- Preparation of TORs, Specifications, Bidding documents for engagement of supervising consultants and implementing contractors;
- Assist in evaluation of bids for consultancy, works and goods packages;
- Review of deliverables and reports from consultants, contractors and staff under the project;
- Supervision of construction works including ensuring adherence to specifications, quality and time;
- Supervision and management of consultants and contractors;
- Site visits and attendance of site and other meetings where technical advice/inputs are required;
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and other progress reports to be submitted to the Country Director;
- Preparation and review of Variation Orders as needed;
- Review of payment certificates;
- Assistance in contract management issues; and
- Perform any other engineering works delegated to her/him from time to time
QUALIFICATION AND PREFERRED SKILLS
- University degree in Water / Civil / Environmental / Engineering. Advance training in water, sanitation or public health engineering will be preferable with two three years of experience in humanitarian and/or development organization in designing, implementing and overseeing civil/water projects.
- Sound knowledge and experience on writing reports.
- Good written and spoken fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic.
- Good computer skills and knowledge in Microsoft office applications
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
Please send your English CV to KURDS email:
Please indicate the Title of the position in the Subject line.
CVs without subject line "The Application for the Position of Water Engineer" will not be considered.
Only CV's and motivation letters in PDF format will be accepted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.