Médecins Sans Frontières-Holland (MSF-H) is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. To support its Medical activity in Laylan Camp COVID-19 response, MSF-H is currently looking for a Watsan Technician
Supporting the Watsan Supervisor in the implementation, monitoring, maintaining, and trouble-shooting of Water Hygiene and Sanitation activities and infrastructure in the project according to MSF protocols, standards, and procedures in order to improve health and living conditions of the target population.
• Carrying out tasks directly related to the Watsan activities such as construction and maintenance of infrastructures in the project according to MSF protocols and standards concerning the operation of water supply, waste management, and excreta disposal, hygiene, and infection control.
• Ensuring the cleaning and maintenance of the Watsan structures and when applicable, of the medical facilities;
• Identifying, recruiting, training and supervising daily laborers or hygiene agents for Watsan activities
• Informing the Watsan Supervisor of any difficulties, anomalies, and problems that may affect the normal functioning of activities and tasks in his/her area of responsibility;
• Assisting the Watsan Supervisor in Watsan data collection and reporting, as well as maintaining up-dated files and records of assigned project activities
• Being responsible for equipment, tools, and consumables, verifying that they are safely used and maintained. Reporting to the supervisor any need for renewal and the weekly/monthly consumption
Education: Technical certification or proven background, desirable specialization in water and sanitation
Experience: Previous experience in technical works
Languages: local languages and English is essential
How to Apply
Please send your application in English (CV, letter of motivation, and any relevant certificates in PDF or Word format only) to:
Or put it in the application box with the subject
"Watsan Technician - COVID intervention"
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
DEADLINE TO SEND APPLICATION:
Tuesday, July 7, at 4:30 PM