The Women's Programming Officer, in direct support of the Women's Programming Coordinator, will be responsible for implementing women's livelihoods empowerment and training activities in the Ninewa Plains. The Women's Programming Officer will participate in beneficiary registrations, assist in developing and conducting agribusiness trainings, monitor savings and cooperative group progress, and advise beneficiaries on best practices for agri-food income generation. Samaritan's Purse is looking for committed, hardworking applicants with a passion to empower and advocate for women to confidently participate in the local economy.
- Manage relationships with selected vulnerable households by:
- Conducting on-site interviews to verify vulnerability and state of the households' livelihoods.
- Serving as a resource on best-practices for agribusiness endeavors
- Assist in the development and scheduling of beneficiary capacity-building training groups. Conduct regular field visits to monitor savings and cooperative women's groups, guiding progress towards livelihoods goals
- Participate in high quality programmatic implementation through timely data collection, productive asset shopping visits accompaniment, productive asset verifications, and any other necessary monitoring
- Regularly report on program activities, success stories, lessons learned, and other relevant information to the Women's Programming Coordinator
- Liaise with other departments such as Security, Logistics, Human Resources, Finance as appropriate and necessary
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be willing to abide by Samaritan’s Purse’s code of conduct and understand the principals of Samaritan’s Purse’s statement of faith, as well as be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Attention to detail, anticipation and follow up are core values of the job function while maintaining the highest levels of confidentiality regarding contracts and salaries.
- Possesses strong organizational and problem solving skills within a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a self-starter and internally driven to success and hard work.
- Possesses strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be a humble team player.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, taking on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Knowledge of computer systems and its applications such as Outlook, Word, and Excel including formulas/formatting.
- High level of integrity and stewardship.
- Committed to the SP values and ethics.
Education / Experience Needed
- Degree in business administration, agriculture, or related field preferred
- Minimum of two years of experience in agri-business development (ideally dairy production, hatchery management and/or food processing) and/or women's livelihoods programming required
- Minimum of two years of experience in group training and facilitation required
- Experience working with NGOs highly preferred
Arabic is required; English preferred
Send your CV/Resume to the following email:
The subject of the email should be Women's Programming Officer - WP/QARAQOSH
Please make sure to follow the subject so that your CV will be reviewed.
CVs must be in English language.