MERCY HANDS FOR HUMANITARIAN AID
Mercy Hands for Humanitarian Aid (MH) is nongovernmental nonpolitical nonreligious international humanitarian organization, founded in 2004 in Baghdad, Iraq, with a goal to save lives and preserve human dignity. Mercy Hands’ headquarters is in Baghdad and it has a regional office in Erbil and twelve field offices in eleven Iraqi governorates and in North East Syria. Mercy Hands is governed by a board of directors, and the highest executive body in Mercy Hands is the Executive Administration, which is headed by the Executive Director (ED) and is composed of: General Administrator, Director of Finance, Regional Coordinator for Center and South of Iraq (RCCSI), MEAL Manager, Regional Coordinator for North of Iraq (RCNI), Regional Coordinator in Jordan, Regional Coordinator in Europe, Head of Mission in Ninewa, and Head of Mission in Basra. For more information, please visit Mercy Hands website: www.mercyhands.org
Iraq has witnessed over the last 3 years strong demonstration, protests and demands for employment from the government. The unemployment rate among youth in age of 15 -24 had become 16.56% on 2018 and increased by 0.08% from 2017. Main obstacles to resolving the current situation can be identified in the fact that a) large number of graduates are lacking the knowledge of the local market demands; b) there is a lack of proper qualification and of proper self-awareness and communication skills.
Mercy Hands intends to apply a comprehensive triple approach (courses, training support, and psychosocial support (PSS)/Youth integration support), to attract youths and additional potential partner from the private sector and potential employers for the beneficiaries.
The project goal is to increase the opportunities for youths, particularly returnees and vulnerable youths, to access and be competitive in the job market. Following MH extensive experience in enhancing learning opportunities and job access for youths across Governorates in Iraq, the project verges onto eight courses divided in three categories plus a traineeship opportunity for the most successful participants.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in carrying out project planning and management;
- Staff recruitment and training in the Project Administration;
- Assist the Project Manager in the preparation of periodic project reports relating to the progress of the project for internal use and attend regular project visits to the sites;
- Assist the project manager in insuring a timely submission to the donors of : data analysis assessment; monthly narrative and indicator report; Log frame; monthly work plan; list of beneficiaries, attendance sheet, evaluation form, media coverage, final report;
- Ideally support and work on the preparation of appropriate project proposals together with estimated budgets for future similar initiatives;
- Facilitate participation of young women and girls, especially vulnerable cases in the programmed activities;
- Assist the Project Manager in managing the project and directing resources made available for successful implementation of the project;
- Supervise and coordinate the team working on the project;
- Assist the Project Manager in Team Management evaluating the team members’ performance and descriptions;
- Information collection and spreading among all team members in order to coordinate and plan the actions;
- Coordinate with the Project Manager to set up suitable and effective working tools (report template, minutes of meeting template), review and revise them during implementation;
- Ensure proper documentation and archiving of outcomes of the project;
- Supervise and ensure proper public relations coverage of all project activities;
- Work with the PM and MH A&F Department to archive the documents of the project.
- Preferably university degree or higher education relevant to the assignment (social sciences, development economics, international relationship, etc.);
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a junior level project management position in a humanitarian/recovery context;
- Experience overseeing multiple activity streams and managing multiple budgets;
- Experience with community engagement principles and approaches;
- Demonstrated experience in assisting project manager in managing team and providing capacity building support;
- Fluency in English and Arabic, both written and verbal.
Salary/benefits: 1125 USD per month
Duty station: Baghdad
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mercy Hands is an equal opportunity employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
Please send your CV with a cover letter explaining why you are suitable for this position to email@example.com .
Please state the job title in the subject line: Youth Training Center Project Assistant