MERCY HANDS FOR HUMANITARIAN AID
Mercy Hands for Humanitarian Aid (MH) is nongovernmental nonpolitical nonreligious international humanitarian organization, founded in 2004 in Baghdad, Iraq, with a goal to save lives and preserve human dignity. Mercy Hands’ headquarters is in Baghdad and it has a regional office in Erbil and twelve field offices in eleven Iraqi governorates and in North East Syria. Mercy Hands is governed by a board of directors, and the highest executive body in Mercy Hands is the Executive Administration, which is headed by the Executive Director (ED) and is composed of: General Administrator, Director of Finance, Regional Coordinator for Center and South of Iraq (RCCSI), MEAL Manager, Regional Coordinator for North of Iraq (RCNI), Regional Coordinator in Jordan, Regional Coordinator in Europe, Head of Mission in Ninewa, and Head of Mission in Basra. For more information, please visit Mercy Hands website: www.mercyhands.org
Iraq has witnessed over the last 3 years strong demonstration, protests and demands for employment from the government. The unemployment rate among youth in age of 15 -24 had become 16.56% on 2018 and increased by 0.08% from 2017. Main obstacles to resolving the current situation can be identified in the fact that a) large number of graduates are lacking the knowledge of the local market demands; b) there is a lack of proper qualification and of proper self-awareness and communication skills.
Mercy Hands intends to apply a comprehensive triple approach (courses, training support, and psychosocial support (PSS)/Youth integration support), to attract youths and additional potential partner from the private sector and potential employers for the beneficiaries.
The project goal is to increase the opportunities for youths, particularly returnees and vulnerable youths, to access and be competitive in the job market. Following MH extensive experience in enhancing learning opportunities and job access for youths across Governorates in Iraq, the project verges onto eight courses divided in three categories plus a traineeship opportunity for the most successful participants.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for management and implementation of the program according to strategy, proposal, plans and budgets agreed upon with donors;
- Project Administration (Identification, Planning & Management and Policy Analysis);
- Assist in carrying out project planning and management;
- Staff recruitment and training in the Project Administration;
- Preparation of periodic Project reports relating to the progress of the project for internal use and attend regular project visits to the sites;
- Insure a timely submission to the donors of : data analysis assessment; monthly narrative and indicator report; Log frame; monthly work plan; list of beneficiaries, attendance sheet, evaluation form, media coverage, final report;
- The Project Manager should be able to network with local government officials and donor partner and to liaise with personnel of other Non-Governmental organizations involved in developmental issues affecting communities;
- To liaise and communicate with the Program Manager/ Head of Department on updates, developments and any information considered relevant to the projects and the organization’s area of work;
- Ideally support and work on the preparation of appropriate project proposals together with estimated budgets for future similar initiatives;
- Support and advice team and partners on M&E;
- Facilitate participation of young women and girls, especially vulnerable cases in the programmed activities.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- University degree or higher education relevant to the assignment (social sciences, development economics, international relationship, etc.);
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a senior level project management position in a humanitarian/recovery context;
- Proven experience in working in Education/ Vocational areas and able to demonstrate working knowledge of community development challenges;
- Experience overseeing multiple activity streams and managing multiple budgets;
- Experience with community engagement principles and approaches;
- Demonstrated experience managing teams and providing capacity building support;
- Fluency in English and Arabic, both written and verbal.
Salary/benefits: 1500 USD per month
Duty station: Baghdad
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mercy Hands is an equal opportunity employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
Please send your CV with a cover letter explaining why you are suitable for this position to email@example.com .
Please state the job title in the subject line:Youth Training Center Project Manager